[CLOSED] Map Designer (150,000-200,000 R$ Monthly)

About Us

Hi there! We are Platinum Five, a development team working on Blackhawk Rescue Mission 5. Blackhawk Rescue Mission 5 is an open-world action-adventure game that pits players on an island infested with enemy insurgents. Our game has achieved 54.6M+ visits, 2000+ concurrent players and a rating of 89% since 2019, and our community has grown to over 75K in just a year. As the game continues to grow, we are always looking to expand our capacity and we are now looking to form a new development team that solely focuses on the PvP aspects of the game.

You can visit our game here: https://www.roblox.com/games/2916899287/Blackhawk-Rescue-Mission-5?refPageId=d875b659-c50f-469c-a19e-2c89f69e81da

The Dev Team

@AdministratorGnar - Project Lead, Programmer
@ThunderGemios10 - PvP Team Lead, Programmer
@PandaWithNoName - Lead Artist, Map Design, 3D Modelling
@Visc - 3D Modelling
@LOLGuy2587 - Animator
@LoveLace - Clothing Designer

About The Job

We are currently seeking an experienced map/level designer with previous experience in designing PvP map layouts to join our new PvP business division.

As a map designer, you will be expected to design and plan out maps including features such as spawn locations, objective locations, boundaries and routes. In addition, you will be expected to engage with community members to seek feedback and input on designs. You will work closely with our map builders and 3D modellers in order to ensure PvP maps are properly designed which can encourage gameplay diversity.

This role is permanent Part-time/Full-time and you will be working in the PvP team under Gameloaded Entertainment Pty Ltd. The map designer reports to the Lead Artist and PvP Team Lead.

Requirements

Update (1/11/2020): To add some clarity to who we are looking for this role, I have added the requirements section here.

• Need to have previous map/level design experience in FPS games (i.e Drafting the layouts)
  • Experience in building/modelling maps is a bonus

What we offer

• Competitive salaries
  • Diverse development team from around the world
  • A large, veteran community to engage
  • Opportunity to see your designs come to life

Remuneration

150,000 - 200,000+ ROBUX each month from group funds. Salary is negotiable and will strongly correlate with your previous experience in map designs and your performance.

Contact Us

Please submit your application via email to: andy@gameloaded.net

Please include the following:

• Username/Contact
  • Portfolio
  • Brief description of why you would like to join our team

If successful, you will be invited to attend an interview by a member of our team in 1-2 weeks time.

You must be 15 years or older to apply.

18 Likes

Hey,

I’m interested but it appears your messages are off, I could message you on the DevForum if that’d be easier,

cheers.

2 Likes

My bad! I have just turned on my messages to anyone. Let me know if there’s anymore issues :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just messaged you, cheers for the quick response.

3 Likes

Thanks, I’ll be reviewing the applications in a weeks time or so!

4 Likes

Remember if you get the job, make sure to keep the maps small. It’s so hard to kill AFK players on a large map! All joking aside, I’m eager to see the results. There are a lot of talented folks out here. I’d apply except all you’d get would be a singular brick with PBR on.

4 Likes

Looking forward to your application :slight_smile: We’ll be providing the successful applicants with more information on the exact map dimensions but it will change depending on the gamemode. E.g 2v2 and 5v5 will be smaller three-lane type maps like CSGO wingman maps.

2 Likes

Oh haha I think you misunderstood, I’m not applying. I’m just an avid player lol.

2 Likes

@varjoy, the fact is that this is not a builder position. What they are asking of you is to design and layout their maps. A pay of 350-700USD monthly for this kind of job is a fantastic offering.

@PandaWithNoName I am messaging you on Twitter- I hope to talk with you soon.

3 Likes

I consider it was high-payed due it’s just medium hard job, Plus there are other developers that need to fund too. It’s opportunity for small developers so they can get their name on top!

Good luck everyone that applying! ;D

3 Likes

I am qualified for this position because I have the skills you need and the experience to back it up. also I have my own website and a YouTube following of over a hundred subscribers here is my portfolio [Portfolio] Builder/modeler For HIRE

1 Like

Hey!

Sadly, they are not hiring a builder or a modeler, they are hiring a map designer. Which doesn’t make any models, programs, builds, etc. The job is to map out a map, provide basic outlines for the map so that the builders can make the map.

1 Like

Not to be harsh or blunt but I don’t think they would accept the application. (plus they said to message them on twitter.)

1 Like

Do we layout our map s in a sketch book or in studio?

1 Like

Hello I am intrested but I was wondering if you have another way of contact besides twitter?

1 Like

He only listed Twitter so far, I don’t know if there are another way to communicate with the employer.

2 Likes

Do you have another method of contact aside from twitter?

2 Likes

I have now reached out on twitter so I will see.

1 Like

Hello Panda, I would like to apply and I have sent you a direct message on twitter.

1 Like

To everyone who applied or wishes to: please note Panda is located in Australia, give him time because time zone differences exist.

3 Likes