[CLOSED] Programmer Needed

Programmer Position

Shark Entertainment is the studios behind the |BA| British Army group and its games. We are interested in expanding our team to help us grow and achieve new goals. Per doing this, we are looking for a new programmer interested in working with us long term.

As our programmer, you will help us deliver new and exciting gameplay to our dedicated player base. We’re looking forward to finding the right candidate who is motivated and invested in bringing new ideas and making our games better overall.

About The Job

We are looking for a developer knowledgeable in the following fields:

• Chat Processing
  • Text Filtering
  • String Manipulation
  • Datastores
  • Raycasting
  • CFrame

To qualify for this position you must:

• Have a good understanding of the roblox physics engine.
  • Have a good understanding of the roblox client-server model and be able to take extra measures to ensure your code is secure.
  • Be able to write clear and concise code with good documentation in order to ensure the ability for it to be easily modified and interpreted in the future.
  • Have a good work ethic and not be afraid of new challenges whether in current or future projects.
  • Be able to get along with others and accept constructive criticism to then use it to improve your work.

Payment

In Shark Entertainment when we have a project for you to complete, we will describe everything that we are expecting you to complete and then we will jointly agree on the amount best fitting for you and our budget.

Robux: Up to 600,000 Robux per month
Paypal: Up to 2000 USD per month

We pay robux and Paypal, but our preferred method is robux.

Contact Me

If you are interested in this position, please reply back with your portfolio and your discord. This will help me know which friend request to accept.
Discord: SharkFerrero#0001

10/3/2020 Update: Added details regarding exactly what we’re looking for and the payment methods.

22 Likes

What is a scripter?

also If i become scipter, i will apply

10 Likes

I dont think you should apply for this job if you dont’t know what a scripter is.

A scripter is someone that programs or codes something, in this case it is a ROBLOX game aka LUA.

You need to learn LUA in order to apply for this job, and that takes a while.

9 Likes

I will start learning now, I will contact you guys back when im half decent at it.

3 Likes

Scripting takes way longer than a couple of days. Most people want scripters who have atleast 1+ year of scripting experience. (I am not sure if this person wants 1+ in scripting experience.)

5 Likes

Hello, I am a scripter with around 2 years of experience. Here’s my portfolio, look forward to hearing back from you. | Advanced Scripter | | Commissions closed|

1 Like

I was able to check your profile. Thank you for applying. I do feel like I need someone who has more experience. I checked the many examples on your profile, unfortunately it does not fit with what I am looking for.

3 Likes

While I am definitely happy to hear that you’ll be learning to script which is an amazing skill to pick up, we are looking for someone with more than enough experience.

2 Likes

I agree. LUA does take a while specially because there is always a cleaner, and better way to script a specific thing.

2 Likes

Hey, I would like to apply for this job. I’m a very talented scripter with almost 2 years I f experience. Here is my portfolio: Scripting portfilio [2.5 years of experience]

Discord: Maxen2031#3534

1 Like

To be fair, if you’re very persistent with learning Lua, you can learn it in a few months. It takes quite a bit of scenarios and quite a bit of time, so I’d suggest making a lot of different game types for practice, and then you can come back to them once you learn a lot from each of them later on. Good luck on your scripting adventures! :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you for applying @maxen2031 I contacted you on discord SharkFerrero is also my name on Discord.

I’m adding you at HendricoMaximus. My portfolio can be found here OPEN | Officiall_Studios Portfolio | UI Designer | Scripter | GFX - VFX | Video Editing - #4

Hey @Officiall_Studios thanks for contacting us. Unfortunately I do not see much of what I am looking for in there. Wish you the best!

1 Like

Sent you a friend request on discord madrid#4733

I am interested, Added you on discord Eric_Homemade#1243
I can make a very advanced gun system/Anti-Exploits/Leaderboards/UIs/Etc.

Sent a Discord friend request; Evo#2030

Greetings,
I fit for all your requirements, and added you on Discord. Here is my portfolio. Hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards,
cakehunterman

Also. to add on to @RayManzotti’s Post, learning takes a lot of time and you should start with an easier language. If you want to learn it right now, I suggest you watch Alvinblox. He is a Roblox Scripter and provides free tutorials.

I would like to see your portfolio. Can you link me?