Closed, topic is closed

closed, topic is closed

Probably a very obvious question but can you confirm that you’ve actually changed this line to your animation ID in the script you used?
animateScript.climb.ClimbAnim.AnimationId = "rbxassetid://(whatever climb animation ID)"

You’d be surprised at how many small errors can pop up, just trying to ensure that even the slightest error hasn’t gone unnoticed.

3 Likes

Are you using your own animations? If not, then the ID won’t register.
Yeah, @Polyheximal has asked a simple, yet valid question. Mistakes like that do pop up quite frequently.

1 Like

Nah, I changed it to this ID: 2510230574 (Rthro climb) but it didn’t work. I’ve also tried changing it to animateScript.run.RunAnim.AnimationId = "rbxassetid://2510238627" but that didn’t work either. It just makes the animation default according to the (action).(Action)ID line of code. I haven’t tried it with a non character animation ID yet.

If I remember correctly, you had to own the animation for it to work (unless it’s changed recently).

EDIT: Not 100% sure if this applies to using animation packs from Roblox

1 Like

Oh really? If so, it’s not what the website said. Well that sucks… Since I can’t animate, anyway to bypass?

Try this: http://www.roblox.com/asset/?id=
Instead of rbxasset://

1 Like

Welp, that still didn’t work, same issue? I have no animation scripts that interfere with the animations.

Hmm.
Are there any errors in the output?

Try using a print statement, like

— piece of code
if thing == true then
Print(“success”)
1 Like

There are not any errors… Pretty weird tbh

Also, what sort of animation are you using? Climb, idle or?

1 Like

Oh, just realised I got this error: Humanoid is not a valid member of Workspace. Maybe the script is in the wrong place?

1 Like

Hmmm.

You have set the humanoid within the character, right?

Also, what sort of animation are you using?

1 Like

Humanoid within the character? Sorry, all I did was what the link told me (make a script, put in ServerScriptService, put this code in:

local Players = game:GetService("Players")

local function onCharacterAdded(character)
    local humanoid = character:WaitForChild("Humanoid")

for _, playingTracks in pairs(humanoid:GetPlayingAnimationTracks()) do
        playingTracks:Stop(0)
    end

local animateScript = character:WaitForChild("Animate")
    animateScript.(action).(Action)Anim.AnimationId = "rbxassetid://(whatever climb animation ID)"
end

local function onPlayerAdded(player)
    player.CharacterAppearanceLoaded:Connect(onCharacterAdded)
end

Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(onPlayerAdded)

but change this line accordingly:

animateScript.(action).(Action)Anim.AnimationId = "rbxassetid://(animation ID)"

This is a copy and paste script?

1 Like

I used the tutorial from the link above to make this script.

Edit: Just realised there’s another step, but it’s only for when there are 2 animations in 1. (E.g. idle.) But I don’t need both, just the Rthro idle loop would suffice.

Edit: And I just saw another, Playing Animations Directly. I now get what you mean. I think.

Ok, while I try find the problem, check this out it will give a rough idea on how to add custom animations.

Also, have you tried to change the default packages to Rthro via the game settings?

How would I do that? Also there’s one issue, I need the Walk and Run animations to just be Rthro walk. (There’s no running in my game, speed is capped at 10.) In Game Settings I see two options, Play Choice or Standard.

Send a full screenshot, then I can visually help.

1 Like