Cmdr Return Problem

So, In my code I am trying to make a command with wonderful Cmdr, but I don’t have access to their discord.
This is the only reasonable place to put this post on anyways, since this is roblox related. However I am concerned if people on the devforums know little about cmdr.
I understand if this will be flagged, as I am very terrible at categorizing topics.

Back to the topic,
I was making a command that will check the specified player’s status.
If they are staff, banned, and so on.
However, the command was running on client side, so I had to use remoteFunction/
I want to return, the return from the remotefunction onto the command if that makes sense.
Here is my code
Narrowed the code down to prevent guests from stealing it.

|---|---|---|---|
			local LOL = "something"
			local Players = game:GetService("Players");
			local DataStore = game:GetService("DataStoreService");
			local e = game.ReplicatedStorage.eventcontainer.checkFunction:InvokeServer(playerId)
			return e 

uh, anyone there?
I’d appreciate a response

The code looks good to me, but I have no context since I don’t use Cmdr. There are very few people on here that help out, even fewer if any that have experience with cmdr.

1 Like

welp
i guess im kinda screwed then.
thanks for the info

Make sure e is a RemoteFunction. It’s very easy to get mixed up with RemoteFunctions and RemoteEvents.

The difference is RemoteFunctions, like functions, can have a return value. They are called using :InvokeServer. RemoteEvents cannot have a return value and they are called with :FireServer.

Other than that, your code seems fine. If this isn’t the case, could you please explain a little bit of of Cmdr?

i am not very good at explaining things!
is it helpful if i link the docs and u read all of it?

Why don’t you just post your issue here

1 Like

good idea lol
thanbks for the suggestion