Code Assist Beta: AI powered code completion

I wasn’t aware that they actually have an option for it, I just discovered this. How long has it been here for?

3 Likes

what did you put in the second image?

So I had this BETA enabled since it was released, and completely forgot about it. Simply because it would NEVER trigger, even when I use comments, or purposely try to trigger it. ATP I’m just gonna get Rojo and use co-pilot because at least that works.

I would not reccomend using the AI assistant simply because it rarely works, and because like many have noted here, if it does work, it’s extremely buggy.

1 Like

What’s Rojo, pray tell?

(lalalalalala trying to get the minimum number of characters)

1 Like

This is super cool but at the same time very scary for those who spent years learning to code.

Sorry my response is so late, Rojo is a tool that allows you to connect Roblox Studio to Visual Studio Code. It syncs up and allows you to edit scripts in VSC

Now that it is a permanent feature, how do we disable it? If even disabling all of autocomplete through settings doesn’t stop this thing from intruding how can we remove it entirely? (Including the “consent” for it to read our code and add it to the OpenAI dataset)

i turned this on and now i want to turn it off, however, it is not in the beta features tab. someone please help me I hate this feature

edit: fixed. went to studio script editor settings and turned off “suggest code automatically”

4 Likes

As someone who does this as a part time job, it’s not. AI won’t replace skilled coders until years, and I can see that whenever I ask GPT to solve anything difficult.

We are working on this. We will have an announcement with more comprehensive settings later this month.

3 Likes

From what I’ve seen so far under the config file in AppData\Local\Roblox\ClientSettings any flag with the words “CodeGen” is related to this? For now, as a temporary fix, what would be the best value to change? "FFlagStudioLuauCodegenPreview"?

1 Like

Hey I turned this on just to test it without knowing I can’t disable it. There a way to disable it manually?

1 Like

You can go to Settings>Script Editor and turned off “suggest code automatically". We are improving this experience, new UI to disable Code Assist will announce later this month.

3 Likes

This went from never having a suggestion, to always having a suggestion. It closes blocks prematurely…lol…It copies code from above lol and pastes it as a suggestion instead of writing something new…It’s the giver of solutions that don’t work…lol…instead of outputting script in an empty document with an idea commented in, it just gives more ideas as comments…but…I still think it’s cool…I find it difficult to articulate my ideas to ai code assistants to get the results I want but I can also learn from all the script it returns… but I was wondering if I’m going to need tokens to use the Roblox AI assistant on the website and in studio, “regularly” lol because I have a lot of questions and I keep running out of tokens in all the lil spin off RoAiAssistants!??

2 Likes

Stop putting this pop up. I pressed DISAGREE because I DO NOT WANT THIS FEATURE ENABLED. If I click DISAGREE, the POP-UP should DISAPPEAR, and it should NOT PLACE A PROMPT IN MY FACE every time I open studio. It should REMEMBER my preference. If I wanted to enable this feature, maybe, just maybe I would go ahead and do it myself!

There is ZERO reason for this pop up to be constantly shoved in my face, unless Roblox has put some legal disclaimers in some 10 page “agreement” that forces me to sign away my rights to all my code and allow Roblox to use my code to train their model. I DON’T WANT TO DO THAT. I DO NOT GIVE CONSENT, so STOP ASKING.

3 Likes

Tomorrow this behavior will be updated and you should no longer see the popup after rejecting unless you reenable the feature in settings, thanks for your patience!

1 Like

The AI isn’t that good or fast, Google opensourced Gemini (as Gemma) recently. Maybe integrating it would work better, plus the 7b instruction model could deliver incredible features or generations.

3 Likes

As a part-time coder, I believe we’re still a long way from AI replacing skilled developers. When I challenge GPT with complex problems, its limitations become apparent, suggesting it will be years before AI can truly match the capabilities of human coders.

4 Likes

How about now with Gemini Pro, or GPT-4o?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.