Code Assist Beta: AI powered code completion

This has to be one of the biggest flops out of all updates Roblox has released :man_facepalming:

I seriously hope the model is improved soon. If not, the feature should be entirely scrapped.

1 Like

Nope. It’s the best update compared to today’s.

(classic face taken off sale)

6 Likes

A bit late to the party, wanted to give my say.

This code completion model isn’t the most top notch thing on planet earth but I must say I have to give the staff kudos for implementing it and building it up to its current standard. People aren’t giving recognition to the fact that in simple tasks like creating an instance or finishing a line it performs strikingly well, adhering to context like a dream.

My only qualms are:

• Fix the “\n end” shenanigans.
  • Can we get it to run any faster?
  • Sometimes it spurts out many lines nonsensically

Thank you for another intuitive update.

It loves helping out! (I was being ignorant on DRY here I know…)

Saved me 4 lines and a migraine, the list goes on…

1 Like

I’d just like to confirm.

1. What data does Roblox use for AI model training purposes?
  • Currently, we do not use any non-public data to train the models. The tool only uses a small subset of free marketplace assets for fine tuning large language models. The subset has passed various checks for quality and safety filters. If we plan to make changes to the model training approach, we will engage in open and transparent communication with our community.

This is still the case correct? Code not published to the market place is still safe from being used for AI training?

1 Like

You made me imagine people pirating paid plugins and stuff with the new code assist. too poor for team create with hats or something? JUST USE THE BUILT IN CODE GENERATOR TO GIVE IT TO YOU WITH NO EXTRA COST!

edit: I swear as soon as I post I see a spelling mistake :person_facepalming:
edit2: I spelled mistake wrong…

6 Likes

Paid plugins are a joke, and it shatters the open-source community, so I actually like this use case.

5 Likes

That’s actually not true, paid Plug-Ins should be 100% welcome, finally people is making paid plugins and we should be happy if tgat

2 Likes

But they’re supposed to be proprietary. Yet Roblox users still manage to copy them.

1 Like

That’s what I do with plugins like moon animator, obviously I don’t redistribute it but paid plugins are ridiculous now.

5 Likes

That’s an issue on the creator/Roblox’s end, it’s not the user’s fault if it isn’t secure, plus they’re on the users computer IIRC so there not much we can do

3 Likes

Roblox didn’t make these plugins a proprietary file type. How could they be? They aren’t compiled. Even then, the program can be decompiled.

This is an issue for about every service.

2 Likes

You’re right, it’s a misunderstanding on my side

But anyway, if someone copies it and you own copyright just send a dmca

1 Like

Some plugin leaks are shared off-platform, so this is not feasible.

1 Like

True and I forgot about that you can’t use DMCA on Roblox

1 Like

sorry for two week reply, i don’t come by here too often.

compared to how corporate and soulless roblox has been (cough cough removing the beloved chill, man, and woman faces), this script writing AI, even tho its silly and low quality, is fire!

2 Likes

Would be nice if you can just ask the AI to optimize your whole script like how chatgpt-4 does it

2 Likes

Some people just want to make money, I get it. You just need to keep a balance between customers and price (a lot of plugins fail to do that) and that’s the main problem with them. another problem is I, along with many other people, are broke (seriously this is a children’s platform and little Timmy here who’s parent(s) don’t want to pay for roblox and now Timmy is angry because Timmy cant buy the plugin he wants and now he is mad at roblox because he is a little child and boom now everything’s gone wrong. BUT if there are no paid stuff now roblox is broke and same with devs so no devs come here and boom everything’s shutdown.

edit (we should probably get back on topic lol)

1 Like

ok i was typing fix soon and it automatically did the assist. What is this roblox?
(i have 0 clue who that is)

just opened it up and it seems to lead to a random 2016 inactive player that has problably never even downloaded studio
idk just thought i would share this its pretty funny

tldr; random inactive kid got a free shoutout

5 Likes

i need help with this plsssss

3 Likes

I don’t understand how that relates to anything else said? Atleast my posts sort of made since but please stay on topic

1 Like