Code Assist Full Release: AI-powered Code Completion

This is really cool!

but I kinda have a love - hate relationship with AI code assist because I’ve spent multiple years learning the LuaU programming language, and if this AI gets advanced enough my profession with COMPLETELY obsolete,

otherwise this is a very cool tool for beginners and my favorite feature is the Explain This Code feature, when any code you have selected you can have the AI Assistant explain any code for you, with links to the Roblox Documentation.

For people who jsut begun this a very cool and inviting tool to the Roblox Development Community.

Overall 10/10 tool

Good job Roblox, and thanks for being my childhood!

:smile:

6 Likes

Can we know more about safety filters?

9 Likes

It would be awesome if Roblox would open source this model!

8 Likes

not really, it may be used for teaching :shallow_pan_of_food:

4 Likes

I assure you just like with art and other fields of creation, AI will never replace humans for quality creative work. However it will and has increased the ease of fraud and low effort content and assets.

9 Likes

It’s open source already, they’re a step ahead!

8 Likes

This is the dataset they used to train the AI model, not the model itself.

4 Likes

Hold on why are people praising AI code and not AI images? :neutral_face:

8 Likes

It’ll always be. Roblox simply can’t invest the resources that Copilot has and Roblox’s has no subscription. Copilot will only become better as time flows and probably remain as one of the best AI code completion assistants in the foreseeable future.

4 Likes

One step closer to perfection, As much as I like the idea, still feel there’s a long, long way to go to get it smooth.

(Maybe let us fine tune our own AI so it understands our own personal coding patterns and is more tailored for individuals)

2 Likes

https://gyazo.com/9bd7018b901f3874440c8c86e08e5df0

Fixed by closing studio via task manager and then re-opening it.

2 Likes

Would love an answer to this as well.

3 Likes

I confirm having the same issue aswell, multiple instances of the accepting terms window being opened on studio start @Rusi_002

4 Likes

I haven’t used this feature in a while but will try to use it and see how it does. Interested to see how it’s improved since the last time I used it. If it has improved a lot, it will be a good tool.

Will update this once I’ve tried it though.

Had a chance to use it. Overall it’s an okay tool. It still needs to improve though. Honestly, I don’t notice much difference between the beta and the release version. Seems about the same in how powerful it is. Looking forward to it improving even more though! Would like to see both this and the AI assistant improve enough to eliminate the use of chat bots such as ChatGPT or Google Gemini.

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. Our engineers are fixing this issue right now

2 Likes

Expected from Roblox to be honest. They have never always had the best stuff that many other things have had for ages now, and better.

4 Likes

Until now I didn’t even know I can put my places into this AI’s research.
One of my places is all about plugins. Is it be capable of learning to help with those as well :thinking:

2 Likes

Wasn’t there that one post with retexturing that bear mesh? What happened to that? Or was this a different AI feature?

2 Likes

Thanks, for some reason this was very reassuring! :smile:

4 Likes

Roblox seems to have a problem with that…

• The micro profiler is always open when I open a studio file
  • I’ve had a message about the ToS update for a good while now and the notification is not going away (Clicking the message doesn’t work…)
  • When I click “try in studio” on a model, it will open a roblox place with the model, and the toolbox will be opened. When I close the toolbox, it still gets opened every time I play test

And there are probably more I forgot

Am I the only one with those issues?

6 Likes