Color3 for TeamColor

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to find the just right color for each team in my game. Since we have Color3 and BrickColor for Parts now, I think it would only make sense for Color3 to be available for TeamColor as well.

40 Likes

I would love it if the entirety of BrickColor was just deprecated in favour of Color3

17 Likes

Support.

More support.

I highly agree with this. I keep seeing posts that request Color properties where only BrickColor still exists. Might as well sweep through the API and change it all.

All references to BrickColor according to the Wiki

[Source]

So it appears that there’s Team.TeamColor, Player.TeamColor, Constraint.Color, all the BodyColor properties, and SpawnLocation.TeamColor. Those seem like the most relevant BrickColor properties that could use a Color3 property to go along with it.

9 Likes

Support.

Support!

I agree – everything that supports BrickColor should support Color3. However, I don’t think it should be done away with completely. From a UI perspective, BrickColor is more convenient to use (imagine trying to apply a consistent palette with the Color3 picker). It’d be nice to still be able to use the BrickColor picker to set the Color3. What may also be useful is the ability to have the default BrickColor palette and then have the ability to tweak it so you can create a custom palette for your place and then use that.

5 Likes

I don’t agree with the removal of TeamColor, just deprecation. So many scripts rely on TeamColor / other BrickColors that it’d break a ton of scripts if removed.

1 Like

Yeah I agree with you. I’m not trying to advocate for getting rid of BrickColor, but simply for normalizing the support for Color3.

4 Likes