Color3 Support For Humanoid Clothing

Cool update. I’ll definitely be using this.

Awesome new update. Surprised that Color3 hasn’t been fully implemented yet considering the year we’re in. Either way, this should make for some unique creations.

2 Likes

This is a interesting update because instead of uploading multiple clothing for each team I can now just upload a default white shirt and colour it any colour I’d like depending on team, many thanks!

I’d also like to bring up would we be ever getting full #HEX colour support? I know as of current you can paste a hex value into the colour3 box with no issue but the ability to input, select and get the hex value of a colour is invaluable.

1 Like

Beeeauuutiful! This is going to be great for team based games!

9 Likes

Support the existing feature request for this – off-topic here.

3 Likes

Looks like a nice useful update to Studio!
Let’s have more good changes like this in the future, anything boosting customisation is great. I wonder what Roblox has up their bag next? :thinking: :handbag:

Nice! This enables us to have a lot more fun with character customization menu’s!

Oh wow very needed update i dont have to export the clothes and change the color manually. (/◕ヮ◕)/

This is me updating my admin to do a rainbow clothes 0;

Just like @Alvin_Blox said, this will be GREAT for team based games and other customizations.

+1 Update

9 Likes

This will be fantastic for in-game character customization.

This doesn’t work the way you think it does, it would only work that way if the player had a white outfit, if they had any other colour and the developer changed it’s Color3 value the colour would be off.

5 Likes

Neat!

This is super cool!! I’ll definitely utilize this in a game. :smiley:

Good job, Roblox! :+1:

This is super cool! This can definitely be used to model characters in the future!

Does this make the clothing texture black and white, or will the colors mix with the original color scheme?

YEEESSSSS. This is awesome. This will make it super easy to create a standard team outfit and colorize it based on team.

1 Like

owo!!!
Very cool!
Thank you guys for adding this! :smiley:

This is a really great change. I’d love to use it, but I’ve stopped using Humanoids because they’re too unpredictable and I can’t adjust how they work very well.
I’d probably use this for my character customisation or for various cosmetic clothing items in my game, but I’m not using humanoids which is unfortunate.

I think if this were to improve, it would be allowing use of shirts/pants without a Humanoid object. Maybe if you just had the right part names in the model (for me, I still have the regular R15 character model but using my own controller).
Maybe I should make a feature request for this.

2 Likes

Yes! If clothing colors were added to the avatar editor, it could revolutionize clothing design. No more manually creating variants of existing clothes in different colors.

18 Likes