colorVary - Part Shading With Ease!

If you are a builder, you might use this trick:
When you have a detailed wall with a high part count, but the entire thing is one color, simply because that is the style… sometimes builders want to take small parts of the model, and dab the color up or down (usually -5 to 5 increments). This is to gain depth and dimension to the wall by making some parts darker and some lighter.

Too often this can take a long time for high part count walls, this is why I made colorVary, the easy way to color your model with shading.

How to Use

When opening colorVary, you get the following prompts:

• Minimum Value: The lowest to dab your color by.

• Maximum Value: The highest to dab your color by.

• Selection: Select a model or a group of parts to apply this to. (if a model, it does getdescendants)

• Initiate RGB: This will change the part colors of your model/ selection on the RGB spectrum by the randomized increments in the range you provided. This is better if you want to change the entire color rather than just the shading of one color. For the shading of one color, use initiate HSV.

• Initiate HSV: This will change the part colors of your model/ selection on the HSV spectrum by the randomized increments in the range you provided. This is better if you want to make parts darker/lighter, rather than change the color.

Obviously, this resource is free. The UI is not very friendly, because it is a simple plugin which has a simple job. I made this mostly for myself because I like to dab my colors a lot, but I thought it’d be useful for others as well.

There is no showcase because, again, it has a simple job. It simply takes your model and dabs each part color up and down, its barely noticeable actually so a showcase wouldn’t do much good. It’s meant to be subtle so that it gives your model depth/dimension while keeping the overall color scheme.

SHOWCASE

Before:

After:

Video:
https://gyazo.com/1f2828d2b6fb83c39bb9f4ae4eb019d0.mp4

Although, here is a build that uses it:

:link: ColorVary - Roblox

If there are any issues, please contact me.

9 Likes

If it is barely noticeable, how can you make it more noticeable ?

And or, what of some before and after pics?

You could change the increment values in the plugin, which I made an option since I realized some people may want it more noticeable.

It’s not supposed to be completely noticeable though- thats the point. It’s meant to cause a slight change so it looks more nicer and has more dimension instead of one straight color.

Pictures wont really help with that as, like I said, I use it for the slightest color changes. If you have a good eye you can see it in pictures. It’s mainly meant for players in game looking at it, so that the wall doesn’t look flat to them.

I’ll try to setup a explicit scene tomorrow to make it as easy as possible for you to see a before/ after change and I’ll take pictures of it.

Update V0.1.1

• Added Initiate HSV and initiate RGB distinction

• Fixed bugs

Update V0.1.2

• Fixed setwaypoint
    Improved grayscale code.