Comments on my Game Icon

What do you think about this Icon?

Feedback and criticism are appreciatedšŸ˜ƒ

11 Likes

i think ā€˜godā€¦ not another oneā€™ other than that its a bit too simplistic for my taste

3 Likes

What do you mean by not ā€œanotherā€ one?

Maybe make the road brighter, so that it isnā€™t confused with the galaxy background? Other than that, looks great!

EDIT: Iā€™d also recommend adding some faces, if possible.

Probably ā€œnot another simulatorā€, since Roblox is already full of these kinds of games. However, that doesnā€™t necessarily make this one bad. Simulators can be fun and engaging games, especially towards a younger audience.

6 Likes

There are quite alot of things to work on here, the posing could be improved as I can tell it was posed in Roblox Studio, maybe next time you can pose in the rendering software you use using a R6 rig. If you donā€™t know how there are plenty tutorials. Other than the posing, the characters look giant since the are nearly the height of the buildings. The background doesnā€™t really fit in with the scene, since the BG is space related while the rest reminds me of a road in some sort of city. Try improving the text too, its quite plain and in my opinion the colours donā€™t go together very well. I would also play around with the lighting in your rendering software (If you use one, if not then you should) so you can get something that really looks good and fits with the scene.

2 Likes

I made this Icon with Studio and Paint 3DšŸ˜… I thought bigger characters would make it more cartoony.
What rendering software do u recommend?

I recommend using C4D to rendering, because it is powerful when it comes to rendering, but not so good when it comes to 3D Modeling.

2 Likes

It looks pretty nice, not gonna lie. You did a great job!
The only few things I wanted to say about it, is that you maybe should make certain things lighter, to not confuse everything.
Also, the picture looks a bit too pixelated, maybe you could try to edit that?
Apart from that, you did a great job!

1 Like

Do you think itā€™s a problem that itā€™s pixelated? The icon is going to be about 690*690 pixels (i think) big on the platform

What shall I make lighter?

Ahh, my bad, I forgot for a second that it was gonna be used for the icon.

My suggestion on making lighter, is the road, so it looks more seperated from the galaxy background. (Like someone else already said)

1 Like

You should add trails of light behind them to make it look like they are running fast (bc ya know it speed simulator). Otherwise, I like it

1 Like

Just like Schedency said, C4D is a great option for rendering, Blender is also a choice but its up to you. Iā€™d say use a different editing software other than Paint 3D like Photoshop or Affinity Photo, these 2 are really powerful for editing photos and are probably your 2 best choices.

2 Likes

Ello

In my perspective, your icon means Robloxians running away.

The question is, why are they running? Are they being chased by a monster?
If they are being chased by something, maybe you should add that behind them.

Secondly, I feel bad for the person at the centre as the wing is hitting her. Maybe move her or the winged person in a different position.

3 Likes

Theyā€™re not running away but running just for fun. How shall I change the perspective?

Add faces? Make them happy? In terms of changing perspective, I am really unsure about that as it looks better at this angle.

Secondly, I might be drifting offtopic but if they are not running away from anything, I have a feeling it might make the game a bit boring and there are too many of these types of games where you have to get loads of points to pay for more items. I suggest adding a purpose to this game to make this game unique to other types of simulators. I donā€™t exactly want to go into specifics to prevent anyone copying your idea but maybe look at other types of running games, even if it is away from Roblox and gather ideas to make this as unique as possible.

When you have confirmed an actual purpose to the game, maybe changing the GFX to actually include what they are doing. In my opinion, a good game may only start from the icon or advert, and if you clearly show the purpose of this game instead of ā€œjust running away for nothingā€, maybe it will be a slightly good improvement to the whole game and your icon.

There might be others who have better ideas over me so definately listen to others.

2 Likes

The icon is a good concept, but needs to be fleshed out. I can tell you took a screenshot of Roblox Studio. Iā€™d importing it into Blender and then rendering it, as it would be a lot cleaner. Also, the person in the center of the screen is being hit by the other persons wings. This is a little off topic, but what is that font? I really like that font! But, anyways, it nice but could be improved. Also, they should probably have faces. But other than that, good job!

Yeah, definitely add faces that would make it look at lot better. In fact, I think giving them all the same faces would look good so that we can easily see they all the same purposes. But other than that looks great dude nice work!

1 Like

Thank you for your feedbackšŸ˜ƒ The font is ā€˜Berlin Sans FBā€™ in bold print

3 Likes

If you can you could download Blender or C4D as those will totally pop out this, If you did your art would be amazing!

1 Like