Community Resources vs Tips & Tricks?

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/about-the-tips-tricks-category/122615

When would someone part of Featured_Developer want to post in #featured-games-program:tips-tricks instead of #learning-resources:community-tutorials-resources? They seem identical in purpose, with the exception of the higher posting requirements for Tips & Tricks.

6 Likes

I believe that the reason they separated it like this is so that the Roblox team will better be able to show off the pinnacle of the recommendations to newer players without as much clutter; however, it needs a more proffesional name in my opinion. ā€œTips and Tricksā€ sounds too childish for the feel that theyā€™re going for with the Featured Games Program, but I canā€™t think of another name that would fit better. Perhaps someone else can chime that in.

Nonetheless, I feel as if itā€™s neccessary to include this new category to show off the most helpful topics for new developers. I suspect the movement of the ā€œbest articlesā€ to there as well and, hopefully, more exposure for people on the regular site.

2 Likes

Iā€™m getting the impression that Tips & Tricks is intended for bite-size, small-scopeā€¦ wellā€¦ tips and tricks. Community Resources (and Community Tutorials) are more for useful plugins, big tutorials, anything that could be useful, etc. Think of Tips & Tricks as snacks and Community Resources (or more accurately, Community Tutorials) as meals :wink:

Note that I think what applies better is Community Tutorials instead of Community Resources ā€“ community resources is for THINGS (ā€˜resourcesā€™) and Community Tutorials is specifically for education content (BIG, DETAILED tips and tricks).

But since this is also locked to Featured_Developer, this is probably about small things they did to make their games successful. Iā€™m not sure if they could just post in Community Tutorials instead, but then again, if Roblox want these featured developers to be pushing out helpful information, might it not be a bad idea to separate categories to avoid spam?

2 Likes

I think that category is devoted to tips regarding advertising, becoming a front page game, as its a unique experience. Community resources is just about anything.

2 Likes