Complete guide to rigging and animating models!

Possibly, the script included will just play the animation once the game has loaded… For a easy fix, just change “wait(1)” to however many seconds until the animation needs to play into the cut scene. (For example: wait(3)"

And thank you, glad you liked the tutorial! If you have anymore questions, let me know…

@DeathLilian Yes it should, I personally am not familiar with Moon animator, but from what I know about it, it uses basically the same rigging as the default animator. I think it kinda goes without saying, but the last few steps on actually animating the model will be slightly different since its a different platform. Good lucky with it!

1 Like

Alright thanks. I’m going to admit, I’ve only ever programmed on scratch. In scratch, there is a broadcast and receive code block. Is there a way to kind of “broadcast,” so I don’t have to figure out how many seconds each scene is?

Yes, there is “functions”

Basically you can do

function PlayAnimation()
local loadedanimation = script.Parent.AnimationController:LoadAnimation(script.Parent.Animation)
loadedanimation:Play()
end

Then to call the function, you would do

PlayAnimation()

Although, you’ll have to go inside of your cutscene script and look at all of the different movements and decide where to put the PlayAnimation()… The regular function can go at the top of the script.

2 Likes

Does this send things across scripts in different models, or just anything else inside the script?

Im afraid I am not understanding, if you got a discord, add me on 12904#1757 and we can talk about it and Ill walk you through it!

Alright I can’t talk right now though, so could I ask your time zone? @RainbowStachio#2072

Very cool tutorial i made a cool door with it
robloxapp-20201210-1845031.wmv (2.9 MB)

sorry for the lag tho :sweat_smile:

Hello, Im having some issues rigging my model. I just cant seem to get the joints right for some reason.  I click on a part and connect it to the HumanoidRootPart but once I try to animate it gives me an error.