Connect 2023 Challenge Matchmaking Thread

Hello Creators!

The Connect 2023 Challenge starts this Friday, July 28th at 10 AM PT and runs until August 7th at 10 AM PT! You are able to have teams that consist of 1 to 5 people.

:link: Join the official matchmaking session on the Connect Hub to connect with fellow creators in-game and form teams based on your team’s needs.

:alarm_clock: Start Time: Wednesday, July 26th at 2:30 PM PT

Private server: Connect 23 Hub - Roblox

:speaking_head: Feel free to reply to this post with your skillsets and proficiency level. If you’re interested in collaborating with other creators, message them using the DevForum. If you find yourself unable to participate, kindly, update or delete your post accordingly.

:globe_with_meridians: Happy Connecting! :globe_with_meridians:

71 Likes

Oh boy, oh boy… I am truly excited to see what the challenge is going to bring for us in the context of the theme!

17 Likes

Seems like this error is keeping me from loading in

18 Likes

Info status: We are no longer accepting new applicants since the game jam has started, sorry. I’d rather not cause disruption to my team by adding someone mid game jam.

It’s almost time… here we go.

I don’t expect anyone to come forth, but myself and two other people would like some people to potentially come forward to work with us.

I’m a UI/graphics designer, and the other two members are a scripter (@ty_scripts) and a 3D modeller (@eMisakie).

If there’s any incentive, we came 4-25th last time with Supercharged [View pitch]. The other two members that was in our team last time are in another team this time, so that’s why we’re looking for some people.

Please note that I only do Developer Forum communications only, hopefully this doesn’t stop anybody from wanting to work with us.

12 Likes

Thank you for letting us know, in newer servers it should be resolved.

13 Likes

Water bending in the Connect Hub game??
Screenshot 2023-07-25 at 2.44.33

18 Likes

I am very hyped for the Connect 2023 event and might even consider joining in myself. My skillsets include programming, game design, and user interface design if anyone is interested.

11 Likes

It’s not missing, It’s just in the freeze tag sandcastle

10 Likes

Yeah, and some servers are actually somewhat broken. I was in a server where the timer literally just went from only a few seconds left to 4:00 without teleporting anyone on the ship.

10 Likes

are they gonna allow solo teams?

8 Likes

Think you missed this:

I really appreciate the fact that they allow people to go solo this time though, since some people do work better by themselves than with others

8 Likes

Hey, I have a team of 2 (game design, and scripting), looking for another scripter, a modeler, and an animator

6 Likes

Wow!
I can’t believe they finally allow solo teams for this!
I haven’t been active in here for a lot of time, so I’m very surprised this is happening!
Also is this like the other game jam, I don’t really remember sorry

5 Likes

could you work in more than one group?

3 Likes

No lmao you cant do that, that would be unfair

11 Likes

Where we sing up us team

And an bug in the connect hub I walk around and then the client be frozen I has played last time on sad internet but then U can walk you around without all mesh is loaded but no all is loaded fast and the client is frozen

7 Likes

Hey there!

• The video must be 2 minutes long.
  • You can use pre-made assets as long as you have the right to use and list them in the submission survey that will be released when we announce the theme.
  • Please start to work on your game when the challenge starts.
  • You can deliver the game as you like. It doesn’t need to have a minimum amount of levels.
11 Likes

About pre-made assets as you use your own made is it then unique or tell it then as not original can it then effect your score

and what if I add an short loading screen with us team logo and group called can it effect your score

and if you publish models what you made in the game for the game jam can it then effect your score

@bri9adeiro @PlanetLumaLee

5 Likes

If only I could actually make something good! But I’ll try my best!

2 Likes

Hey,

According to A_luma, “Includes a 60-120 second video pitch”
Video length doesnt need to be a 2 minute long video. It just needs to exceed one minute in lenght.

2 Likes