Connect 2023 Challenge

I recently received a GoGift card from DevRelES and did not have an option to purchase Steam or Visa/Mastercard prepaid cards. But if I’m not mistaken, these are cards that you can only claim online (or depending on the merchant).

cc @darkpixlz @ChickwensRule

4 Likes

god damn, that kinda sucks. is amazon available so i can at least purchase my preferred card from there

6 Likes

Yes, Amazon gift cards are available! :face_with_hand_over_mouth::slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Kind of confused here, how many people are in 1 group, and is the money split or for each person?

3 Likes

5 people maximum for a team, and the prizes will be the same for all team members. For example, if you won 3rd Place, all your team members will receive $200 GoGift card respectively.

7 Likes

@PlanetLumaLee

I have some questions

questions
1 Can the video longer then 2 minutes but the presentation in the video 2 mins and in the description when it start
2 Can we use us own pre made models or is it unprofessional or is it then not original have we then not link in the description
3 May you the experience made a day before or in the night from 28 July pt
4 Must the game be completed or may you have 5 levels or 5 stages or something or id it then not complete
5 How they look to the Gui
6 May you add an Loading screen what you use in all your games
7 When may you start with made the game
8 as you publish models what you made in the game jam game tell is then as unprofessional
4 Likes

Connect challenge??! Ill finally be able to participate, yippee!!

6 Likes

Where do we apply? I cannot find the link.

4 Likes

I think the link will be available once the theme is announced, so, we just wait.

4 Likes

The application is done once you submit your place.

• So we have to wait for day July 28 to know the theme and the link of application form.
  • Then we have until Aug 07 to make and publish our game and then submit the place link using the form.
3 Likes

Excited to participate! I hope the theme will be as interesting as it has been in previous years.

5 Likes

This is actually a really cool idea, and I hope you guys do more like this in the future!

5 Likes

Could you create a Devforum post where we could find team members as no one is answering in the Guilded?

3 Likes

Quick question, when it mentions that all participants will receive a Devrel prize, does it mean that valid participants will receive reused items?

2 Likes

I only have last years Roblox Developer Jam Medal, does that mean this year ill get the Achievement Medal?

2 Likes

Yes you will get it since theyre different awards

3 Likes

Connect 2023 Challenge Matchmaking Thread: Connect 2023 Challenge Matchmaking Thread

6 Likes

hey I have a question, I see that it says that there will be 3 winners for each of the categories. Does that mean 9 teams will win the crown of knowledge?

2 Likes

Yes, the Staff already addressed this in the main post:

2 Likes

Hello @Game-Jammers ,

:tada: It’s finally here - the moment you’ve all been eagerly waiting for: the Connect 2023 Challenge! We can’t wait to witness the incredible creations you’ll come up with over the next 10 days.

:memo: Please, don’t forget to submit your experience here.

Friendly reminders:

:spiral_calendar: Submission due date: August 7th, 10 AM PT :alarm_clock:

:busts_in_silhouette: Teams consist of 1-5 members

:lock: All team members must have a DevForum account

And now, without further ado… :drum::drum: This year’s Connect 2023 Challenge theme is: Parallelism. Let your imagination run wild and see what your team can create!

:four_leaf_clover: Best of luck to all teams! :globe_with_meridians:

43 Likes