"Connection Closed: ReplicatorDisconnect | Disconnected due to authentication failure"

Reproduction Steps
Direct Links: Only observed in this universe, every place is affected at least (Notoriety - Roblox)
I am affected: Brick_man - Roblox

System information:
CPU: 11th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i5-11400F @ 2.60GHz
Memory: 16 GB
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti

Beta features: Pivot Editor is enabled

Reproduction Files: seems to be tied to something beyond files, if one is needed I can send a copy of my place (although it is the whole universe affected)

Launching the game in studio or double clicking a place in the asset manager should bring me to the other place. Instead, I am getting an error message and unable to launch the game. Happens around 80% of the time.

Expected Behavior
When I launch a place from the asset manager, or load a game from studio, I expect the place to load

Actual Behavior
What actually happens is I get an error message that reads:

"Could not open the place “21532277” with exception: “Unable to open the place. Please restart your application and try again. If you continue to encounter this error, please contact customer service. Request Status Code: 2 Connection Result: 0 Connection Closed: ReplicatorDisconnect | Disconnected due to authentication failure. Please upgrade to the latest version of Roblox and reconnect”.

Incident ID: 860195657864772609"

Image:
Screenshot_1

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Connectivity
Impact: Very High
Frequency: Often
Date First Experienced: 2022-03-04 05:03:00 (-08:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2022-03-04 07:11:00 (-08:00)
A private message is associated with this bug report

7 Likes

This is the same bug happening for games able to be edited and unfortunately I am also receiving the same messages when trying to load games too

You might need to uninstall your temp cache for studio. I forgot how to do it but there are tutorials out there showing how.

Hi @Brick_man

Sorry for the late response! Is this error still occurring?

I don’t think it is happening anymore, i haven’t tried it yet.
You haven’t said anything about the issue being solved, so it fixed? If yes I take then it is not

The issue is no longer occurring. I believe I had to log out and back into my account to fix it.

4 Likes