[RESOLVED] Roblox Studio Plugin Errors

I had been getting popups in my game requesting to buy Admin. I hadn’t put these features in my game and after a very long time of skimming scripts, I came to the conclusion that the virus was from one of the many plugins I had for many years. I spent the past 20 minutes disabling and uninstalling plugins, however, moments after a plugin was disabled or uninstalled, it would immediately pop right back up. I eventually cleared them all and closed out Roblox Studio. I attempted opening Roblox Studio again and received this error twice. After some waiting and manually attempting to open it (from my computer, not from the site page), it opened. I checked my plugins tab only to find… I had all my plugins still.

I’m very confused- I don’t know who to ask about this, how to fix this. Errors like this are what drove me away from developing for such a long time. I’m very frustrated, any help is appreciated.

Go to your inventory and make sure there not there, as well.

Also, please mark this as category: Bug Reports, studio bugs, or help and feedback

1 Like

See? I just uninstalled this a second ago, it still says i own it. Try deleting it from your inventory.

trhisiscool

Then click Update all in plugins manager, and as you can see, its gone. Mine was in this part of the plugins section, now its gone forever.

1 Like

Thank you! I tried doing this but it didn’t seem to do much earlier. I’ll go through and remove all of them.
As for the tagging, it wouldn’t really let me, I’ll try to fix that now!

no problem! mark me as solution if this worked as it should.

1 Like

Did you use any free models? That might be the issue.

2 Likes

I had used free models however they had all been thoroughly analyzed! Any scripts that weren’t meant to be there had been deleted, and any scripts that were suspicious were edited to remove unnecessary bits. It was definitely a plugin thing and it seems I found a solution! ^^

1 Like

Try not to use these often as this could have been the case of your problem. Anyway, glad i could help.

1 Like

Ah they definitely were the cause earlier on! I had been on a time crunch and had no help, and there definitely was a virus script in a sakura tree I used, however, it was removed and they didn’t seem to be associated later on. I’m absolutely sure this one was from a plugin because it appears to be fixed now. Thank you for the help!!!

1 Like

make sure to view the source code of the plugin before actually downloading it. It can be a good way to learn and to see if the plugin has a virus.

2 Likes

Thank you! In full defense these plugins had been downloaded at least 3-6 years prior to making this project and I never had a chance to go through them all… :sweat_smile: