Constraint Colors Are Too Limited

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to edit constraints to fit with the rest of my builds. While Parts, MeshParts, Decals, etc all have Color3 functionality, Constraints are limited to BrickColor. This makes it extremely difficult to match the colors of the constraints to those of the rest of my build.

I started working on a customization system for pirate ships in my game, where a lot of the rigging on the ship is composed of rope constraints. I initially set this up using Color3 values, but the constraints were obviously not working with this so I had to switch to BrickColors, which are extremely limiting and for the most part do not fit with the aesthetic of the rest of my game.

Casting the Color3 to BrickColor does not work either, as the Color3 values often result in very different BrickColors. For example, Dusty Rose (which fits with the aesthetic of my game) turns into Hot Pink (which is obviously a bit too bright for a pirate game)

I realize that constraints were intended to be as lightweight as possible when they were released, and there was sort of discussion about this in 2017 when attachments were released, but I think this needs to be reevaluated considering how far Roblox has progressed since then.

Thanks!

19 Likes

I’m shocked this hasn’t been implemented yet, You would think something so simple would already be in place. but its surprisingly not

3 Likes

I think the best solution to this would be by making the blending mode subtractive.

I don’t understand what you mean by this.

same, just add the color wheel thing and all good