This is a simple tool that allows the ability to edit constraints and joints between parts.
- Handy for choosing specific placements of Motor6Ds, Welds and other modern constraints!
- Not intrusive to development workflow!
- Ease of usability!
Get it here: Constraint Tools Editor 2.0 - Roblox
How to Use
Select parts you want to weld together.
At the Studio topbar, in the Plugins tab, select one of the options. For this example, I will choose “Create Weld”.
Parts should now be welded together with Weld, and its associated parts should stay in their original positions.
(Pro Tip: The first part selected will be used as the main parent where the welds will be located at.)
In the Model tab of Studio, set your “Move” increment.
In the Plugins tab of Studio, click any toolbar button that allows the creation of constraints. For this example, I will choose Motor6D.
It should take you to the constraint editor mode.
To exit out of editor mode, there are two options:
- If from a toolbar button, click the same one that brought you into editor mode.
- Click on an unclickable area, such as a locked part or the skybox.
- Select two different BaseParts or Attachments.
Explorer Widget Result:
A Motor6D should now appear under the first part that was selected.
What happens if you click “More Options”. You get more options!
How it works
Pre-requisite: Select two or more parts.
In the More Options menu, select any other constraint option. Then, the constraint should have joined parts together.
For this example, I chose “RigidConstraint”, and this was the result:
“Remove Welds” button will remove all joints and constraints of the selected Parts.
For this example, I selected a Part containing Welds.
Select the Remove Welds button.
The welds should be removed.
You are able to customize your favorite constraints, here is how to do it.
Click “More Options”.
Hover over “Favorites” in the menu. Three additional options should appear.
In order from top to bottom are numbered 1-3. Each one corresponds to one of the existing toolbar buttons.
Select your favorite constraint!
For this example, I chose BallSocketConstraint to replace the 1st toolbar.
The BallSocketConstraint should be on the first toolbar button as what I wanted!
If you leave Studio, then rejoin, it should persist!
- Constraint editor mode no longer cancels after making one constraint, it will let you keep making more of it. The editor mode can still be cancelled by clicking on a locked BasePart or the skybox.
- Added undo/redo support.
Tabwhile adding Attachments or Joints (not constraints) to change the angle.
- The “Remove Welds” toolbar button will now enter constraint editor mode, but for removing instead of adding them.
- Fixed where if certain plugins are installed with this one, it causes this plugin to not function. The favorites bar has been reset to its default settings in this update.
- Constraint editor mode now supports the option to select existing attachments!
- All physical constraints are now supported!
- Placeable attachments!
- NoCollisionConstraint added!
- Constraint editor mode! (no longer required to pre-select two or more BaseParts before adding a constraint)
- Rope/Rod Constraints added!
- Ability to add BallSocket/Hinge Constraints!
- Added the favorites feature!
Feedback and feature requests are acceptable here!