Insert Avatar - Fast Character Loader Plugin

InsertAvatar

Hello fellow developers,

This plugin allows the user to insert a character with one click.

My other resources

Comparing this plugin to other existing ones:

Notable features:

• Insert local character!
  • Add avatars from your friends list!
  • Advanced mode!

Plugin: Get it here Insert Avatar - Fast Character Loader - Roblox

How to use

Step 1:
Go to the “Plugins” tab of Studio (at the top of the screen).

Step 2:
Click “Local Char” to insert your character.

That’s it!

Add Friend Characters

BEWARE
If you have many “friends”, your screen may look like this:

Click on a friend from the dropdown menu (see image above), this will only work if you have friends at all, or if someone else is in a Team Create session with you.

Who will appear here?

• Friends.
  • Team Create members in session with you.
  • People’s characters you have favorited.
Advanced mode

Clicking on Advanced mode will open a new widget, which looks somewhat like this:

Any changes being made here will affect the “Local Char” and “Insert Friend” buttons too.

So if you tick R6, then Local Char button will insert a R6 version of your avatar, same with “Insert Friend” button.

R15 makes the character a R15 rig with that user’s specific settings they chose from the website.

R15 Classic makes the character the same dimensions as a R6 rig.

If all R6 R15 Classic and R15 options are disabled, then the plugin will assume you want the default option from the website.

Point Origin will load character at Position (0, 0, 0).

Use DisplayName is whether or not you want the character to have a display-name.

Keep Scripts is whether or not to keep the default Roblox character scripts.

When you are done typing the username or userid in the textbox, you can click the Insert Avatar button to load in the character you typed in (assuming no errors).

Usernames have high priority over UserIds in the textbox.

Favorites button will add the user to the “Insert Friend” menu.
The gear icon will allow you to remove favorited characters.

Updates Log

You may also post bug reports, feedback, suggestions and feature requests as a reply to this post.

12 Likes

Wow, there are so much character loading plugins

However this one seems more advanced, definitely using this

In AlreadyPros plugin, I insert my avatar, and its distorted, will this fix it?

7 Likes

Hmm… what should I be looking for? I don’t see any distortions here. (Also, that’s a nice fit)

2 Likes

I love this function!
Nice work

1 Like

He meant will yours be better than AlreadyPro’s, who’s plugin is distorted?

1 Like

will use this!!!

(30 c are needed)

Yes, this plugin does not fling my accessories, or mess them up
Your plugin 1
AlreadyPro 0

Thx for the compliment

2 Likes

I already use AlreadyPros but I think this looks better. I’ll try it! I love the features like Friend Characters and Advanced mode.

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply!

I did some testing to see if it would distort, but it appears that all my friend’s avatars were inserted completely without distortions (refer to the image above).

However, if you or anyone encounter one that is distorted, please report it in the replies of this thread and I will look into it.

I don’t understand, what does it mean?

it means 30 (characters) needed to post on devforums, and characters distort in team create sessions

1 Like

Thank you for the report!
I was able to reproduce the bug and fix the issue.

Does it still distort for you in the new update?

this bug has been happening for awhile and no-one knows why

Well, it should be fixed now.

Please excuse me for using your avatar as an example, but I was able to insert it in Team Create without the distortion bug. (Nice outfit by the way).

The bug might have to do with the Roblox engine being at least 14 years old, and the absurd backwards compatibility the engineers had to build over the course of that many years.

1 Like

Yeah, I would accept no updates on studio and website for a year or two for them to recode the whole engine and website, but keeping the normal and same look. and seems to be working now thanks <3

1 Like

This Plugin is great, I’ll definitely use it.
Good job on it.

2 Likes

The update log was moved to another post on the DevForum to remove clutter. I go into detail explaining each update. If you prefer that, feel free to follow it here!