Cooking Frenzy Devlog #1 - Introduction!

Haii! I’m COOLDEV16T and this is my first ever post! I have been developing a game for the past few months and have decided to get onto the Roblox developer forums and make devlogs! I will post every week about what I have added/updated. Please feel free to give me your opinions on updates or suggest any ideas!

Before I start, I should probably explain the whole concept of the game.

Cooking Frenzy is a multiplayer party game when players can cook delicious, unique recipies and serve them to some hungry, and quite impatient, customers! Players will be able to create private matches to play with friends or play with the server.

If you want an even more detailed explanation, I have made a Google Doc with everything you need to know

Ok enough ranting, let’s get onto what I added this week!

• Gave the cooking system a full revamp (Not finished yet)

• Added conveyors

• Working on private matches (should these be free or cost robux?)

• Working on accessories (maybe a few secret ones?)

• Added counters (placing items works but at the moment you cannot retrieve items from counters

• Working on a complete round ui overhaul

• Added a billboard GUI that shows what ingredient you’re holding

• Interact GUIs now work in multiplayer! :smiley:

And that’s about it! Please give me feedback of how I should format these devlogs or anything better I could do!

(Also can someone tell me how to make those cool drop-down lists thanks)

Screenshots and stuff:

And yes, I will get on to fixing the interact GUI.

Here is the link to the game if you wanna play it yourself

Have an absolutely fantastic day or an amazing, restful night! :smiley:

8 Likes

some gui buttons are low quality

Based on what I see in the screenshots, this a great start and I can’t wait to see what this game becomes!

Thanks for the feedback! I don’t plan on the buttons being the final result, they’re more like placeholders

Thanks so much! I also can’t wait for the future of this game! :smiley:

1 Like

Amazing job! Like @IceTheOneAndOnly said the placeholder buttons are a bit sloppy, but overall, amazing job! Is this your first game?

Well, this is the first game I’ve done seriously. My other games are either rubbish or filled with models

1 Like

Well then, extra points! I can’t wait to try this game! Goodluck!

Have you got any ideas on how I can make them better? :smiley:

Also, if you need a composer for your game just tell me, I’ll make you some music for free cause it’s your first game :wink: :+1:

1 Like

Wow! Thanks so much! I don’t know anything about composing music :smiley:

1 Like

Hmmm. Maybe you could use like something to make them a bit higher quality. (Like image quality HD for example)
Maybe try making them large and not cropping them but making them smaller/finding higher quality images

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll be editing the buttons in the next update

1 Like

Sounds good! I will be following the development of this cause it seems very interesting!

1 Like

No problem! I love helping newer developers, especially positive ones like you!

1 Like

make them higher quality, of course!

I know that. What I am asking is how I can make them higher quality. For example:

This tells me what I can do to make the buttons better. On the other hand, thanks for the feedback! :smiley:

1 Like

Lol, Also i sent a message about the music just in case you didn’t get the ping!

hrmmm maybe make it smaller, take screenshot, then enlarge it?
also do you have a discord server for the game? of course you dont you just started making it
i plan to make fan art upon release :smiley:

Thanks for the tip! And no, but I do plan on making one upon the game’s release

2 Likes