Cool sea mesh, optimized and everything

To be honest, I barely use Roblox constraints, in most stuff I coded CFrames were more useful.

But when I need constraints, for example in this project, I just read the docs, and I don’t know about other constraints, but for all the ones I searched the documentation was pretty great, looks like they released an update.

Take as an example the ones I used in this project:

They have video examples, and really good explanations, if the docs don’t work for you I can only recommend video tutorials and forum tutorials, which you said didn’t work for you, sadly I don’t know how to help you with this.

Maybe that’s just for these 2 constraints though, I don’t know.

The best advice I can give you is just ignore constraints, unless your project really needs them, they are mostly useless. That’s just my experience but this was the first project I ever had to use a constraint, most times CFrame manipulation was way more useful for me, from hooks to cameras, arrows, anything.

Also if you know how to use the constraint for your needs but don’t understand what it really does I’d say you shouldn’t worry about that, if it works, it works.

Nah it might work, it might be I haven’t found the right ones. I mean there are thousands.

Why do you want to learn constraints that much? Is there something specific you’re trying to do?

This water mesh looks VERY GOOD AND REALISTIC! NICE JOB ON IT!

Well because I want to be able to start doing physics related things via scripting like vehicles for example. But obivously I don’t wnt to literally watch a tutorial teaching you how to script a car because to me it’s like cheating. Whereas, if I actually learnt it I’d be way better.

Makes sense, I just don’t see many use cases for constraints, but that’s probably my taste for projects, good luck with your journey!

Thank you!

Will you be releasing this anytime soon?

hey i am interested in this ocean mesh. Are you still planning on releasing it to the public?

Hi, yes I am, but I don’t have access to the creator store because my country is not supported.

I’m thinking of releasing it on itch.io, it looks like I won’t get access to the creator store any time soon.

Do you think it would be possible for you to turn it into a gamepass plugin? For example, you buy a gamepass on roblox, receive a file and that plugin only works if you own the gamepass.

Itch and GitHub seem like better alternatives, I’m not familiar with gamepass coding.

I think the creator store would be more convenient for everyone so I’m waiting for it, should I keep waiting or upload to external websites?

I’m working on other projects so forgive me if I don’t answer for 2 or 4 days.

Problem with the creator store, it only allows for USD payments. Gamepass coding is really easy and secure as long as you use a obfuscator.

How and why do you need this ‘obfuscator’?

Thanks for the information

Without the obfuscator people could just go into the code and easily remove the gamepass whitelist.

33ms is genuinely terrible.

The frame time on an empty baseplate is 16ms because FPS is capped at 60FPS, which is about 16ms.

Uncapped you would get 2-4ms frame times depending on your PC.

Your “optimized” sea mesh is taking 30ms to compute…

I didn’t test it in any hardware other than my PC so I don’t exactly know how performant this is, but when I say optimized I mean it’s running in my CPU like most Roblox games (that don’t even have water) do, so don’t take it like my sea mesh is the most optimized in the world. There are a bunch of other things that I could do to optimize this more, but I got an ok result so I stopped working on it.

I also made it with the intention of it being a skeleton for other people to code on top of, just a base for those who want any water other than the Roblox one but don’t know where to start, not the supreme water, that’s why I stopped working on it as soon as the result was ok and why I made the mesh resolution as high as possible.

Most online stores only allow for USD, but I’m going to upload this on GitHub, don’t worry.

Actually, the file is small so I just uploaded it to this forum instead of GitHub

Btw I just saw on my videos that it runs mostly at 27ms stable, 33ms is peak when I’m using external apps, and when I’m not completely zoomed out it even goes down to 23ms or less