Could this 3 year old game idea succeed in 2022?

So for a while I took a break from Roblox, moved on a bit, but when I got back into it I didn’t have much to do. I was scrolling on the Forum today, and I saw someone had replied to a 3 year old post I had made in 2019. I was planning a space game or something I guess. I took a look at my idea, and it seemed like a pretty interesting idea (to me at least). But I am now wondering… Would the idea have standed the test of time? Would it succeed today, in 2022? Below, will be the original idea. And below that, I will add some adjustments to the idea as you comment on this post and help me out with the idea.

Original game idea: (taken straight from my old post)

Once a player spawns, they will be on the home planet of Kotis. Once the player has spawned, they spawn in the first Space Colony. Colonly Alpha. Their will be a landing platform with a spaceshuttle so you can travel to planets.

On the first planet, Kotis, you can fight monsters to gain XP, choose a space faction, talk, explore, do quests and shoot things with space guns and pulse rifles.

Enemies will be auto-respawn, (after about 5 seconds they will respawn).

Adding on to the first area, once the spaceship content is released, a player will go through a sliding door, down to a hall way, making their way to a docking bay. A player can go up, touching an invisible part which then will teleport them to a game called “Ship Hub”, which will hold all the teleportations to planets.

Each and every planet will have unique quests.

ALSO! There will be missions, sub missions, and quests. Yes, quests vary from missions and sub missions.

(more coming soon, stay tuned.)

Upon the release of the game, the game wont include features such as…

• Quests
  • Spaceshuttle to explore different planets
  • Different planets
  • Sub missions
  • Missions

Adjustments I have made in 2022:

You will spawn on a vast open world, full of creatures, towns, ruins, and like most MMO’s, you will have larger enemy bosses to fight. The game would take a lot of inspiration from games such as, Super Mario Galaxy, and dungeon quest games. You would have to fight so many bosses on each “world” or, “planet” to unlock the next one. You would be shot from a cannon into the stars, after a brief moment you would be on the next planet.

Here’s some concept idea’s from other games:

Or instead of a cannon blasting you to another planet, you could buy spaceships from insert a name here

I believe I did not start the project yet, for I have found no files relating to one like this, or backup files for one. However, I did find musical scores I had composed for it. Main theme, space themes, etc.

So, now that you have gotten the full extent of the game idea. What do you think? Could it, and would it, survive and thrive in 2022?

Note: Any ideas the community gives me, I will try and implement into the game. I will be trying to make this game, even if it takes another 3 years for me to do. If I do actually make the game, I will have a community dev-log that I will make someday so you can see the progress of the game, and see if your idea made it in. I will try and fit everyones ideas in as best as I can.

Community Help for the idea:

14 Likes

I love this idea! I would definitely play the game.

Well this is a refreshing idea, go for it

I might even add to the idea more. :thinking:

who knows

1 Like

Now, let’s be realistic here. Most users on Roblox like PvP, so having a mix of PvP and PvE would be a good idea. Alternatively, instead of PvP you can have players work together for PvE, which is also a popular game idea right now. Now, if this was nintendo, you could have no PvP and it’ll do just fine.

Other than that, I like the idea.

Nice game idea, seems like a cool game

Yes, all of this is true but it depends on what you’re going for exactly, here I haven’t listed everything about the game or how everything will work. But this is an interesting thought :thinking:

I will consider this

Yes it could be succeed by doing a BUNCH of updates (Meaning to a BUNCH of updates means a BUNCH of great updates that your community loves to see).

1 Like