Crash Rates for PC users significantly increased today

Some users have reported that their Roblox client randomly crashes (completes closes, no messages) in our game Neighbors: Neighbors 🔊 [Voice Chat & Mic Up] - Roblox.

These are the crash rates from the past day. At around 2:00 PM EST, crash rates significantly increased exclusively for PC users.

The last update to the game was on the 17th meaning no update could have played a role in this.

14 Likes

Could it be player exploitation or another avatar crash glitch?

1 Like

It’s possible but I imagine crash rates would increase for all devices if that were the case, no?

4 Likes

Hmmm… good point. Maybe Roblox made an update? Other than that I can’t think of any reasons why it would randomly occur. Possibly a pc glitch that was discovered?

2 Likes

Looks like there was an update to Roblox today, that might be the issue.

2 Likes

I am having the same issue currently. My game is On Tap, im assuming this is only with Voice-Enabled games because i’ve heard mic-up is having simular issues atm.

EDIT: Something to note, now comparing both of our data this seemingly only effects computers?

6 Likes

Its not avatar related. I was in a game that disabled the default avatar and it still crashed.

1 Like

I am having this issue and it happened right after roblox updated to the most recent version. I join into a game and it automatically closes roblox after about 10-30 seconds

2 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and engineers are looking into this.

6 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

1 Like

Hi @Tynezz , is it OK for you to disable voice chat for a few hours and see if this brings down the crash rate?

1 Like

Our game revolves around voice chat so disabling it for a few hours would pretty much be the same as closing the game down. However, we do have a non voice chat version of the game as one of the places that might be of help.

Here are the stats for both:

Non Voice Chat (past day/past week)

Voice Chat (past day/past week)

3 Likes

I am also encountering this issue. I own The Bar, similar to On Tap’s issue posted above, we’re also having significant client crash rates.https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1066151353954611211/1154537641786753124/image.png

Noticed this the other day, Seems to be under control now.

2 Likes

I did just crash earlier for clicking on the No, mute others button for the VC popup when you join a game.

I experienced it in this game: LGBTQ+ Vibe 🌈 - Roblox

1 Like

This seem to happen in other game too that have voice chat I crashed 50% of the time when pressed No

1 Like

Hi @Tynezz Could you confirm that the crash rate has dropped to normal?

I’ll confirm for On Tap that our desktop crash rates returned to normal at roughly 6:00 PM EST yesterday.

4 Likes