Create an Instance That Allows Developers to Sync Properties

The Problem

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to sync properties between different instances. Currently, there are no ways to sync instance properties without using scripts and running them in playtest mode. This makes creating specific things tedious and hard.

How Would It Work?

A new instance (we’ll call it ProperySync for now) would be available to use as an instance. ProperySync will only affect the instance it’s parented to.

Extra points if it can AdorneeProperty can attach to method calls (such as Instance:GetAttribute() or UserInputService:GetMouseLocation().

Use Cases

• In a scrolling frame, we use the AbsoluteWindowSize property instead of the CanvasSize property when scaling with a UIGridLayout. This can solve sizing issues that can occur when using scale. When the canvas size changes, so do the instances using scale inside the scrolling frame which can be unfavourable.

• Syncing text sizes. This will improve consistency.

• Syncing UI sizes that are located within different objects.

• Editing one object that will edit others at the same time.

If Roblox were to address the issue, it would improve my development experience dramatically as I have many parts in my game that should sync with others, and it would remove the tedious workflow to test if they’re working properly or not.

5 Likes