Creating an FPS story game Devlog#1

Hey everyone, welcome to my first dev log! In this journey, I’ll be creating an immersive FPS game with a storyline that delves into the scars of war. I’m excited to have you all on board for this adventure!

As I started working on the game, I quickly realized that gun systems were not within my expertise. My strengths lie in script editing, backend scripting, and UI development. So, I turned to the Roblox toolbox and the internet to find a suitable gun system, and to my surprise, I stumbled upon a great one in less than 10 minutes. It’s called the alpha engine, and it provides a smooth and easy-to-use gun system. I simply had to drag and drop, and voila, the gun system was in place.

If you’re interested, I invite you to check it out. They have a server with a tutorial on how to set it up and make the most of it. Here’s an invite link: Alpha Engine

Next, I searched for NPC AIs that could shoot. After sifting through multiple options, I came across a fascinating one. However, it came with over 500 lines of code, and implementing it in each spawning NPC would cause issues in the game. After spending hours refining the hitbox system, I was able to create a solid template. To test it out, I placed some random blocks on the baseplate and recorded a video for you to see:

External Media

There are a few things I still need to work on, such as the NPCs moving randomly, which isn’t suitable for a story-driven game. I also need to fine-tune the difficulty level, depending on whether it will be a single-player or multiplayer experience. But for now, I’m pleased that I’ve managed to set up a foundation.

That’s all for now, folks! I’d love to hear your thoughts and feedback on the progress so far. Let’s continue this exciting journey together!

6 Likes