Creating roundified GUIs

So… I’m trying to create fancy roundified GUIs, but I’ve ran into a small problem.

I’m stuck at trying to figure out how to create a roundified picture. All I seem to do is just create a roundified image label with the roundified image inside of it.

I’ve mainly used plugins to create these kinds of GUIs. If there’s any way around it and I could use custom images, I would love it, if someone could direct me to the right direction. Currently I just can’t find out a solution. Oof…

I don’t get what you mean. You need to be more specific. Try adding some pictures.

1 Like

There you go. Added some pictures:

If I am correct, I must make like custom edges in photoshop softwares.
At the same time, what would be the best and easiest software to build it on?
(Would be great, if it would be free)

You can cut the edges, then export it to studio, make the scale type to slice center, and insert the slice center to half the dimensions of the canvas(if x was 100 and y was 100, the slice center would be 50, 50, 50, 50). You can do this in paint.net.
Capture

1 Like

hmm… have you tried fooling around with the ZIndex?

That will not work, z index will just make images on top of one another.

I have. ;3
I will try to fool around with it a bit more. :wink:

Hello!
Is it possible to be done in gimp as well?

http://www.roundpic.com/
Seems to work REALLY well with rounding pictures.
I’ve ran into a new problem tho.

If I may ask you, @VegetationBush, may you give me an article about canvas itself, since I’m a bit confused on what it means.

Doesn’t seem to work for me. Don’t know the problem.

1 Like

use plugin: uiDesign Lite by stelrex

I know I’m probably gonna get called lazy, but there’s a plugin called Roundify that does EXACTLY what I think you’re looking for.

Let me know if you want a link.

EDIT: I believe Roundify is also by stelrex. I’m going to check now, but it may be a part of that set.

EDIT2: it is by Stelrex. It works 100% of the time for me. You can also go to Library (under Create) and find it on the first page, right at the bottom. Two squares with a line drawn from one to the other. :slight_smile:

I’ve already bought the UIdesign plus/the full version.
That won’t fix the problem, since I’ve tried it multiple times. I am using the exact plugin to roundify just sections. I currently want to roundify the picture, which isn’t possible with the plugin.

The canvas is basically how big in pixels the image is.

Okay. Got you. Then I was correct. But it still wants to strech the image out a lot and not make it look really realistic.

The current sizes are:
318 x 166.

Or should I choose this option: {0.843, 50},{0.176, 50}

I believe the 318 by 166 is in pixels.

So go set the slice center to 159, 83, 159, 83 and it should work, not the size/position value.

I’ve done that multiple times

, but it just refuses to work.

Oops, I meant 159, 159, 83, 83.

The 1x and 1y refuse to accept these values:83, 83.
They attend to just change to 159 and the 0x and 0y’s values then get changed to 83, 83.

So… The only thing I can currently do is 83, 83, 159, 159.

Should the “Slicescale” option stay at 0.2 as well?