Creating the most optimized Roblox game- runs at 6000+ FPS!

Oh, cool. I think I heard about this two years ago. Does it only work for PC? I know PC isn’t a brand, but what I mean is, doesn’t it only work for non-Mac users?

There’s other versions for Mac users, I think this is one most people use:

1 Like

Never mind. After reading the FAQ, they clearly stated that it doesn’t work for Mac users.

Thank you! I follow your twitter. I saw what you were doing with that mirror, and it intrigued me.

Managed to break 5k by closing other apps lol.

I’m using my university’s e-sports arena computers. They have i9-12900k with 3080ti.

13 Likes

Wow! How much did it cost you?

Nothing! It’s owned by my college. I made the trip down there just because I wanted to see what I would get.

6 Likes

That’s insane how they have those super-powered computers at your college.

I noticed on Twitter yesterday that you announced that you broke your fps record, which I find insanely cool. Nice job :slight_smile:

1.12k on linux with an FX 6300 and RX 560, 8gb ram, etc:

Not sure if that’s cheating though, so windows score:

Doesn’t compare much to the top ones, but i think these are decent scores given the hardware

there should be a leaderboard for the lowest fps

mine was 0 fps max with all shaders on haha

1 Like

This is a lot higher than I thought! How long did this project take?

Computer Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600

Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING II

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030

RAM: 16 GB

Storage: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB SSD

1 Like

How long did this project take?

If you want to be technical about it, a few years. Not that I sat here for years chipping away at performance every day, but early on in Lua Learning’s development I realized that the game was wasting performance on the 3D world that was hidden behind the UI. So, I began to find ways to improve that. Every now and then I’d think of something or be inspired by someone and get a little closer. In reality, probably just a handful of weekends scattered throughout the years.

Last night, I reached thousands of frames per second and decided that meant I had completed my goal, and that my work was now ready to be shared with the world.

8 Likes

Talk about commitment. :skull:

The best I would’ve done is delete the baseplate and change it to compatibility lighting. :joy:

6 Likes

Thought I had a pretty good system, but only got up to 3163. Not even enough for the leaderboard lol. The biggest limiter was my anti-virus. Cut my frames by 60%

I got a 2.6k peak, and then accidentally signed out :sad:

Never mind, got it back!

I made the monitor 800x600, and then made my graphics 1, and on top of that closed all other windows. It worked!

Turns out if you just idle, it goes up. I was watching yt, making the GPU work more, yet it goes up lol
Specs:
GIGABYTE GTX 1660S
Asus TUF Gaming B450M PLUS
26GB RAM
Samsung QVO SSD 2TB
Intel Core i5 10th gen

1 Like

Honestly, this is great! This can definitely help with other developers who are trying to accomplish getting people to have high fps on low end devices!

My FPS Peak

Speed Test

My Specs

specs

Honestly this is sick!

Results: 4414 FPS.

Specs:

• ZOTAC RTX 3090
  • I9-12900K
  • 128GB RAM
  • 2x 32" 2K 240HZ + 2x 27" 2K 240HZ monitors connected at the same time
  • Very little focused overclocks, a bit on GPU and a bit on CPU
  • Ran on something like 300x300 window, no other windos settings configured, minimised

1 Like

lol, it’s sad Roblox doesn’t offer these features themselves, so easy to incorporate… Seriously the possibilities it could open with 2D games… It seems I’ve won the lowest FPS award, with a 3000 series card as well… Hmm…

1 Like

wine-7.5 ( TkG Staging Esync Fsync )
Linux 5.17.0-247-tkg-pds #1 TKG SMP PREEMPT Thu, 24 Mar 2022 03:40:41 +0000 x86_64 GNU/Linux

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 4900H with Radeon Graphics (16) @ 3.300GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
Memory: 15478MiB

Screenshot_20220330_081107

how in the world do you get get 5k fps

1 Like