Creating the most optimized Roblox game- runs at 6000+ FPS!

Well, we had a fun time while it lasted. Leaderboard is just filled with cheaters now. Saw it coming but I didn’t think it would happen within 11 hours after making this post.

9 Likes

Yeah, cheaters are bad.
I got 998 fps

while having graphics set to 10, pretty good

Sorry if I sound like a newbie :sweat_smile: , but how would you “cheat” in this?

this is all i got

potato pc

4 Likes

I was able to get about 3017 FPS. Turns out if you kill explorer.exe on windows, you can get a pretty big boost in performance because the UI isn’t running in the background. So if you want to play a game for example, you can kill explorer.exe, play your favourite game in first person, and if you feel the need to start explorer again, you can simply run a new task!
It’s a clever exploit to free up some CPU usage. Before I was only getting about ~400 FPS.

3 Likes

You have to trust the client for their framerate, It’s probably impossible for the server to ever sanitize this number outside of just capping it, so really all someone needs to do is just cut off packets that the game sends out and just tell the server that they’re achieving an absurd amount of frames.

1 Like

Fellow linux “cheater”, your framerate seems pretty low for the specs. Have you tried using the gamemode daemon and closing everything not critical in the background? Using the gamemode daemon increased my framerate by 200+, even though my specs are awful.

Also, here’s a few other tricks you could try: If you’re running X11, you can boot from the tty and start a barebones X server via startx or whatever’s applicable, This will put you in a group of terminals without gui, but it’s still very simple to open your browser from the terminal and launch roblox from that point.

That hould massively increase performance as you won’t have gui (window manager, desktop environment, compositor, erc.) You could also try switching disolay servers entirely and using Wayland. It’s a more recent display server than X11. However, stuff like Wine doesnt natively supoort it. Despite that though using wayland still boosted my framerate. Also, you could try using the Linux ZEN kernel which comes with some optimizations out of the box. Although switching kernels is probably a lot of work.

Edit: if your kernel supports it, (Linux zen should by default) you can also enable FSYNC with your wine build. Grapejuice does this pretty easily if you use it. Another thing that could really boost framerate depending on your hardware is using the D3D11 renderer or switching to Vulkan, or vice versa.

1 Like

180 FPS avg for a i5-9400k no GPU 1920x1080
Up to 580 FPS if lowered down to 800x600 resolution which is nice I guess
I cheated a lot and got 2544 FPS, nice.

Now you have a public list of exploiters names you can send to Roblox moderators :grinning:

8 Likes

Resolution at 800x600

i7-4790 & Rx 550 $30 setup

I pruned the obvious cheaters from the leaderboard so we can enjoy this friendly competition a little longer.

2 Likes

I used an old computer and force ran Roblox on it and the highest was 11 fps with unlocked on:

Specs
CPU: something 333 hz
RAM: 526 MB
Storage: 2 GB
SVGA Card
DirectX11 compatibility mode

don’t ask me how

1 Like

I don’t think I’m cheating when I just want to try something different and not stick myself to a single operating system

Interesting, I’ll try this later

Wayland is a mess on KDE, no thanks (I tried before, got random bugs and issues)

I always compile the tkg kernel with fsync support, however in my case using fsync instead dropped my perfomance, esync works however so I’m using that now

DXVK

I don’t think I’m cheating when I just want to try something different and not stick myself to a sin> gle operating system

it’s a joke

Wayland is a mess on KDE, no thanks (I tried before, got random bugs and issues)

I’ve tried Wayland with KDE too, yes. Tons of bugs & issues, however i use Sway window manager which is based on the wlroots protocol for wayland, and i’ve had none of the aforementioned issues, however it’s absolutely not for everybody therefore i only recommend it if you’re trying to squeeze performance at any cost like with this post lol

I always compile the tkg kernel with fsync support, however in my case using fsync instead dropped my perfomance, esync works however so I’m using that now

That’s really interesting, for me i’ve had only improved performance

1 Like

I only achieved 2592 FPS :flushed:

Well this is just sad.

Guess what my peak FPS was?

1K?

2K??

3K???

It was: 62 :cry: Yep turns out my little laptop is barely able to keep good FPS on the most optimized game.

C:\> delete

:penguin:

1 Like

oddly i got a higher peak on graphics 10 vs. graphics 1

PC Specs
OS Windows 11 Home (64-bit) (21H2)
GPU Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
CPU AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Memory HyperX 16GB DDR4 (3200 MHz)
1 Like

I am amazing at failing, I decided to open Roblox Studio 5 times; yes I had just joined and the FPS is only double digits

Sounds like you forgot to uncap your fps…

2 Likes

I have to say, this sounds like a cool project, shame I’m only reaching like 600fps though (2103x1183).

Suppose my GTX 1050 Max-P (not sure whether it’s Max-P or Q but I’m pretty sure it is tuned for performance) might be getting a little old.

Just realised that it wasn’t done in full screen (my tests are on an external monitor so I don’t get any Optimus frame drops)

Doesn’t seem to be too much of a difference in 800x600 though

Wish I had this turned off now

Doesn’t seem like either my CPU or GPU is being fully utilised, could probably see higher if we weren’t all bottlenecked by Roblox being 32-bit only on PC

Turns out I was probably on a balanced mode PCIe setting in Windows