Creating the most optimized Roblox game- runs at 6000+ FPS!

if possible, you should try booting a portable linux install, install wine and then run this again, if I’m not fully mistaken, I believe you should get a higher result.

He told its not his college, why you asking lol

Not sure if the framerate is locked to 7,000 for cheaters, if so then that makes sense. But I was ranging around 7100-7200 using a few cheats (non-exploit based, obviously); they can be listed below.

For starters, ensure that ROBLOX is running off of your GPU with max capacity, if you’re using a NVIDIA card.

• For starters, ensure that ROBLOX is running on your GPU; over integrated graphics. You can do so by opening the NVIDIA control panel. Right-click your desktop, and going to NVIDIA controls. Open the program settings, and direct yourself to the ROBLOX client. You then can adjust all the settings, including the texture framerates, max framerates, texture qualities, filtering’s, and more. Test around and see what gets you the highest frames!

• Most importantly, ensure that you’re not using your CPU/Integrated graphics whilst playing ROBLOX. Set your preferred processor to high performance!

If you have a monitor that goes above 60 HZ, see if you can adjust it. Obviously speaking this will give the illusion that you have a lower frame rate, but in reality that number will still continue to go up.

• Some monitors allow you to go as low as 15 HZ, try it out. See if it helps your framerate.

Close all applications, ensure that nothing is open, and ensure all of your drivers are updated. Furthermore minimizing the application alongside making it smaller works, the program will continue to run if minimized whilst rendering quite a lot less.

You can also delete textures. I did so by going to my ROBLOX installation folder. Not really sure if this did anything though. If so, it was too miniscule to see. Not to mention there’s nothing in the map so, whatever.

GPU
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 TI.

Check NVIDIA settings for optimal framerates as well!

10 Likes

Hey, I tried doing this but got brutally confused.

Any way you could send a tutorial on it?

1 Like

Holy cow. I capped 7000 because I assumed that was physically impossible and was just exploiters.

You happen to have the beefiest GPU in existence plus some clever tricks! Thanks for sharing!!

1 Like

I got 545 FPS.

I have an i7 8700k with a 1070 and dual channel 16gb 2400mhz memory.

Pretty sure it counts as cheating to actually disable the 3D rendering/physics and any other work that is not necessary for this game to run, but I thought it would be cool to try this out.

I was able to surpass the 7000 FPS cap using this method. My PC is nothing special on the specs side, so I modified the client to only run what was strictly necessary and render a tiny 2d viewport :sweat_smile:

22 Likes

Modifying the client definitely counts as cheating :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: but it’s still really cool! Thanks for participating!

You’ve definitely made me want a proper 2D game support in engine though :sweat_smile:
Unity_Hub_Jgd7fkaeB4__01

5 Likes

Sadly it seems iGPUs are quite bottlenecked by memory. Oh well, 831 isn’t bad for a measly 8 Vega Compute Units…

Edit: Did a tad bit of overclocking… Now I’m even more Memory Bottlenecked.

Might try to increase my memory speed to DDR4-3200 later.

Edit: How thoroughly interesting. Somehow my iGPU pulled out 3.4k out of nowhere.

Sadly not on the leaderboard though, not quite at the level of a RTX card.

1 Like

Wait a second… Excuse me for the spam, BUT YOU GOT THE 3090 TI??? Already? Just launched a few days ago. Your wallets must be deep dayum.

1 Like

Install the file, download WinRar if you dont have it already, decompress/unpack the file, open the exe then you’re good to go

I was following this tutorial and somehow unintentionally deleted all the CoreGui lol :joy:. My place is currently under review. It looks like Roblox automatially detect such things as the place was disabled right after I published it.
изображение

I can only play it in Studio and here is proof that there is no CoreGui while Im playing:

1 Like

I don’t think it works properly. Did anyone find a solution?

I don’t think you can persist CoreGui deletion, Roblox should be automatically re-inserting the CoreGui contents each startup to always get the latest scripts

I didn’t actually delete it. ScreenGui called “ThemeProvider”, which contains most of the CoreGui on screen just cant appear for some reason.

Is the ScreenGui enabled? Are the contents visible? If yes it sounds like you’re hitting the engine’s 2D GUI rendering maximum limit (which will begin to hide things)

No, it just can’t appear.
изображение
Another interesting thing is that PlayerList ScreenGui appears, but has nothing inside.

I found out that disabling this script fixes the bug.

game:GetService("Players").PlayerAdded:Connect(function(player)
	local PlayerGui = player:WaitForChild("PlayerGui")
	for _, GUI in ipairs(game:GetService("StarterGui"):GetChildren()) do
		GUI:Clone().Parent = PlayerGui
	end
end)

I made this to transfer every ScreenGui from StarterGui to PlayerGui as they won’t be inserted automatically because Players.CharacterAutoLoads == false.

Tried recreating the game:

RecreatingThatFPSThing.rbxl (30.6 KB)

Does not include a fps counter

@boatbomber If you don’t want this to be up then message me and I’ll delete this post

Recreating the game was simple as following the internal documentation

1 Like

Not too shabby, FPS Unlocker really does the trick.