Creations Page Public Beta šŸ¤­

Use the images tab as an alternative, since all Decals have its own Image ID (which the game uses). You may see some images of models, places, gamepasses, etc.

The new interface is very good, but I will miss the old one

This looks amazing! I canā€™t wait to see how it evolves!

Honestly, not gonna lie this is a great update. When I say great I mean great. Why I say this is because, the UI Design is way more user-friendly, It loads faster (depending on internet), its more simple then compacted inside one tiny list, and its quicker to access other things at once.

Say you wanted to get the decal id for a decal you made. First of all, just click the ā€˜Developmental Itemsā€™ button, then find a decal you want to pick, and now finally go to the address.

**I'm not saying the create page is bad.**

For one the create page has been on Roblox for a very long time, so some people are more used to it.
I just feel like this one is more simpler, and it doesnā€™t hurt my eyes by how many things are cramped into one list.

• Also this is my opinion personally, sorry if you donā€™t agree with me.

Iā€™m really happy to see that roblox developer tools are evolving so much lately etc, interface looks nice and all but those images that represents games or just simply test places shouldnā€™t use Roblox standard images it will be much harder to find anything in your older places especially if you donā€™t change place name often. So in my opinion it will be nice to have still last camera position places images

I think it will be much better to stay with these kind of images for your unreleased places. Also this page atm lacks of important buttons that are pretty useful in actual Developer page so i hope this will be changed in the future :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I think I like the fact that itā€™s modernized, but Iā€™d really like to retain the 'List Layoutā€™. I think a list layout does a great job of allowing devs to get straight to business editing their games, while the tiles clutter the screen and make it hard to pinpoint what youā€™re after.

Another benefit of the old UI over the new UI is that in the new UI, thumbnail images are used. For the vast majority of the places we are working on (development testing baseplates) we donā€™t have time to be making thumbnails and organizing our things. Itā€™s better to list the data with meaningful icons that are generated by the last frame rendered by the camera before quitting, like how it used to be.

The major downside to the new site is itā€™s lack of functionality. Needless to say, itā€™s missing some key features. Where is the Library? Can I edit my game without opening up a new tab and waiting for that to load? It really feels like a mobile interface. Not to mention, the most useless features get the spotlight. I mean, if I want the dev hub, I rarely need it listed there on my sidebar. Iā€™d rather just type it into the URL bar on a new tab instead of clicking develop, waiting for the page to load, then clicking on the hyperlink.

I think the main question roblox engineers should be asking themselves is: is the new UI really more productive? The answer for me, unfortunately, is that No, the new UI is not more productive. while it is visually appealing, it is tedious to search through game tiles. Honestly, if I wanted a UI like this, I could have just gone to my places inventory from the start because this just feels like my inventory page with more useless buttons

Only difference is that my Inventory is more useful since it allows me to view more on the screen at once. I think at least an option to make the layout horizontal like it has been for years is an absolute must.

This could be implemented with a button similar to how Google Drive does it:

https://streamable.com/5qzv4w

Overall, the new UIā€™s strengths:

• Nice to look at
  • Dark theme enabled
  • Organizes things by grouping

New UI Downfalls

• Not more productive
  • Lacks clear direction
  • Acts only as a portal to the game place page, cannot edit or configure directly from the site
  • Really feels like a website template
  • Meaningless icons on games
  • Feels like a mobile UI
  • Does not optimize space usage
  • Spotlight on buttons that are less useful
  • Useful buttons hidden (Group switching)
  • Shows Starter Places only, not child places
  • Overall a step in the wrong direction
  • Unprofessional & childish
  • Lacks an option to list places vertically, like the current UI
  • Inconsistent with other ā€˜Newā€™ Roblox UI
  • Gradient at the top is ugly
  • Other categories than Decals are not visibly buttons, so itā€™s hard to notice that you can view models, plugins, etc as well.

I do love that you guys are putting some attention to this though! I realize this is a SUPER early stage of developing the site so please take your time and make it right :pray: this will define the developer experience so my advice is to streamline EVERYTHING and favor the people who will be returning to this screen every day for their jobs.

The creator dashboard is one of the most pivotal points in the roblox UI since this is where devs will be spending most of their time on the roblox website, so itā€™s very important to design this right and possibly even allow customization of the button layout and functionality of the site if thatā€™s possible. Itā€™s a lot to ask but there is a lot thatā€™s going down on this page and it could mean the difference between people choosing the platform or not.

11 Likes

Hey, so I have a couple of questions and suggestions.

1. What is the difference between Decals and Images Tab
  2. Add a tab under the Developer Items for, Gamepass and Developer Products.
3 Likes

i really like everything assides from the top bar, and the scrol bar, if you guys could change the scroll bar to a custom one that would look much cleaner. lol okkkk

2 Likes

I really like the design of the new creation page, the organised categories, and dark mode support.
The ease of access to developer websites are also helpful!

However, some of the little things that I recommend to be changed/added are:

• When you click your username in the corner, it should bring you to your Roblox profile.
  • Allow us to sort the games if it is public, as you could do this in the old creations page:
  • As others have said, please add a search bar.
  • I feel as if some of the fonts are too small, as it is hard to read the text.

(small font)

Overall, I appreciate how the website is starting to be reworked and re-designed.

4 Likes

This is awesome! :smiley: Love the new UI. An amazing resource for developers.

Not really a fan of the gradient

a solid colour such as #111 would be more consistent with robloxā€™s theme

5 Likes

Decals are only made when you upload them. Image IDs are made when you upload a Decal, or:

• Update a placeā€™s media
  • Create a model, an image ID will be assigned to it
  • Update a developer productā€™s image
  • Update a groupā€™s image
  • Update a gamepassā€™s image
  • ā€¦ probably more that I canā€™t remember
2 Likes

I somehow like and dislike this update. I like it because itā€™s a whole new page and itā€™s simple and easier to find games and stuff but I dislike because Iā€™m used to the old one but yeah, you guys did a great job while making this. Iā€™m sure that soon Iā€™ll get used to it :slight_smile:

Where has the ā€œplacesā€ tab gone? My game contains lots of places, and opening them through studio is tedious.

1 Like

Awesome new UI! Have not looked at it yet.

For a while, I was worried your engineers were moving all the functionality into Roblox Studio and deprecating the web interface. Glad to hear you guys are still developing the web side of things.

After a quick look, I do have a few suggestions:

1. I would like to see which of my games are private and publicā€¦

So that I can see the what I work on and avoid changing live games.

The old develop page already displays that.

2. An option to make the icons smaller.

A computerā€™s not a cellphone, so it would be nice if the interface had a setting to make the larger elements smaller, such as the icons.

As an example, in Google Mail, thereā€™s an option in the settings menu to make the list more compact.

Heck, even the catalogā€™s icons are smaller than the creator dashboardā€™s:

4 Likes

In my opinion this is the best update for creators
I really liked the design

but I would like to be able to permanently delete some models as well as images!

3 Likes

Wow this is amazing I check it out and it looks awesome,
I really like this update, Keep it up :+1:

Glad to see progress on getting rid of the old Create page. There are a few areas where it looks really weird/bad, so I changed up the UI a bit and I feel this is a bit better in my opinion.

For any changes that arenā€™t made, I am extremely thankful that the CSS selectors are seemingly consistent. At least for me, I can create a user style for it and fix up anything I donā€™t like!

With that said, here is what I did to change it up:

• I removed the gradient. I seriously donā€™t like it and it feels extremely out of place especially with the sidebar.
  • I zoomed out to 80% using Firefox (Chrome may have a different way of scaling and it may not match)
    • I did this because the UI is really huge, and this seemed to be the best and easiest way to make it look good. If the large icons is kept, I will definitely be keeping my 80% scale.
  • Resized the sidebar from 240px to 300px
  • Resized the font for the section names in the sidebar from 0.625rem to 0.9rem to improve readability.
  • Filled the empty space on the tabs. In hindsight, that empty spot is possibly for a search bar or something else.
  • Changes were made based on how I saw it on a 1080p screen, however also it looks great on my second monitor which is 1440x900ā€”especially the 80% zoom! Itā€™s very nice not having one icon take up such a huge amount of your screen.

5 Likes

Woe, now thatā€™s a better alternative. I like it!

Maybe they can add an edit button for instant access to the published place like here:

Iā€™m fine if they donā€™t put that in the end because I can just go to the gameā€™s page directly and press ā€œā€¦ā€ to edit the place. Overall, nice edit!