Creator AMA (Economy) - with Antoni and Enrico [May 22, 2024]

We’re beginning to see a lot of avatars that are not rigged correctly to the armature to achieve poses, and animation overrides. Because they are not weighted to the armature as one would expect it means that they do not support animations correctly. This is massively disruptive to some games, and is going to be awful for current, and future compatibility.

Poses and animation overrides should be done entirely with animation packs, and emotes, but these are currently not available to users, are there any plans for allowing UGC creators and animators to create their own animation packs and emotes?
(Bold Animation Pack by e.l.f. - Roblox)

5 Likes

Will there be harsher moderation on accounts uploading exact replicas of Roblox-made items? Currently, an user who is moderated for uploading a copy of a Roblox item only gets a warning or a 1 day ban, and their perms are revoked for 14 days. They can just go back to uploading after those 14 days. I think punishments should be way harsher.

4 Likes

Is it true that we users and developers amongst roblox, will soon be able to make Audio on roblox public again?

There are unnecessary restrictions on UGC Bundles, will they be removed?

8 Likes

This is a good call out. Historically, all assets were publicly accessible by default, but as this changes and asset privacy rolls out, we will keep this API in sync with the other asset APIs. We have added this to our backlog and plan to review. Thanks for the flag!

10 Likes

The search engine facility in the market place is frankly broken. Example, I can type in ‘Goth Spikey Beanie Hat’ (which is an accurate long tail search term) and I will still receive loads of irrelevant items that are not related in the slightest - and by that I mean I see bows, faces, shoes etc.

Obviously the experience search engine is equally broken.

Will there be a marketplace integration into Roblox Connect calling features?

2 Likes

With the release of The Classic’s bundles, Timeless Valkyrie and Treasure Finder, does Roblox see themselves enabling creators to sell full outfits that bundle up bodies, dynamic heads, layered clothing, and PBR accessories all together in the future?

4 Likes
  1. What steps are being taken, if any, to mitigate abuse of the DMCA system? Currently, there are no Roblox-sided consequences for a creator falsely striking another creator, and the falsely striked creator can have their entire business halted for several weeks. As recent as a few days ago, a massive oversight in the DMCA system was exploited to have hundreds of items taken down, and many creators terminated (I personally had over 60 items deleted due to this abuse).
8 Likes

Are there any plans to integrate a better API for economy related operations? Such as making gamepasses and products, as there is a need to create them for gift variants and also testing purposes (in a way that normal players won’t be able to purchase gamepasses priced at a min price for testing)

Hi, could we be able to transfer accessories between accounts?

1 Like

This question is related to experience monetization:
If we use PolicyService in our games to show any kind of discord link to an player, is that allowed?

1 Like

How does Roblox justify making extreme unannounced changes to the economy? For example free limited UGC went from 10 robux per copy to 100 robux copy for face accessories. That is a 10x increase overnight without warning and has crippled the supply of free UGC. This is just one of a multitude of examples.

6 Likes

What are your plans regarding ugc limiteds? They have multiple flaws and will never work the same way as regular limiteds. For example:

While projections exist in Roblox-Made limiteds, it’s way more common on ugc limiteds since its easier to manipulate (especially now that ugc is public)

Not trying to send hate or harass any of the names mentioned, just wanted to point this out and i would like to know your ideas regarding this topic.

Source:
(Flex Your UGC Limiteds - Roblox)

1 Like

We definitely hear this question often. Subscriptions within experiences is a great way to earn monthly recurring revenue by offering exclusive benefits to their user community. Paying in real-world currency versus Robux allows subscriptions to be recurring in a less frictionful manner, given that the vast majority of users are likely to have low to no Robux at one point or another, which could fall at the point at which renewals would occur.

2 Likes
  1. Why does Roblox restrict the size of UGC items so much but regularly make available to users items that are absurdly large uploaded by Roblox? There is huge demand for larger items as seen by the (now patched) hat bounds bypass, and Roblox only stands to gain from increasing the bounds limitation. If categorization is an issue, simply creating a subcategory (hat & hat: oversized) solves this issue and can be toggled off by a developer if necessary, similarly to layered clothing. The restriction of creative freedom is not in the best interest of a company that is not profitable.
6 Likes

is position/size adjusting to accessories planned to release sometime in the near future?

5 Likes

It’s been talked about plenty of times already but to emphasize the importance of this I’d still like to mention it: there is quite a concerning problem going on, especially around UGC, which is the growing abuse of the DSA system. There is a trend of false DSA and DMCA claims that seems to - while it also punishes actual rulebreakers - unfairly ban tons of creators. Are there any plans to prevent this from happening? Will it be more strict in the future?

It seems very broken to me that someone can simply overwrite one of their earlier uploaded models with existing UGC assets and then having the ability to get a DSA claim approved with screenshots to get the original asset taken down.

11 Likes

This is just a matter of when, not if. We want all marketplace categories to be open to community creation. We don’t have an exact timeline for when this functionality will be available — this is mostly due to the complexity of moderating animations, which requires us to build tooling to do so at scale. We know how popular emotes and animations are within our community, and it’s in our common interest to release them in a safe and scalable way.

16 Likes

Why does the affiliate (experience owner) receive a higher commission than the creator when 3D assets (bodies, heads, clothing, accessories) are sold within an experience? The 3D asset creator receives a 30% commission, while the affiliate, meaning the experience owner, gets a 40% commission from the item.

6 Likes