Creator Challenge Partnership

Hello Developers,

We have another partnership for you all!

Our team is creating a new coding challenge for students around the world. This partnership will be similar to the Creator Challenge Sponsored by Jurassic World.

We are looking for two developers to help out:

• Builder ($3,000)
  • UI Artist ($2,500)

The project involves working with our education department in creating the necessary environment / objects needed for the lesson plans.

If you are interested in participating please fill out this survey.

Deadline to Apply: Monday - July 23, 2018

NOTE: This could potentially be sponsored so there may be additional content needed.

Thanks,
Developer Relations Team

32 Likes

If anyone has any questions feel free to tag me or @2blox2quit !

3 Likes

By UI Artist, what exactly do you mean? Someone to draw art for the already scripted UI elements?

1 Like

What’s the ideal timeline of this project? What are the expected hours of it?

1 Like

Someone who draws the art for the UI elements.

I accidentally submitted an incomplete list. :grimacing:
Can I submit again, and can my first application be ignored?

Sent in my application :heart:

1 Like

I’m interested, but how long would the timeframe be? I’m extremely busy starting September, so it doesn’t leave me much choice. If it’s a months project then sure I’d love to apply.

Sent an application. Hopefully this is worth it (::::

I’ve got a ton of questions, though:

• Am I creating the sprites?
    • If so, what style should the UI be?
    • Is it something that requires me to actually be an artist to make them, or can I get away with creating vectors and basic shapes?
  • Am I putting them into the Roblox engine in GUI form (the main part of UI design)?

@chewbeccca

What is the time estimate of how long the project would take?

The majority of the work will be done in August / September.

2 Likes

just saw your work, nice stuff! :smile:

1 Like

Yep!

Would it be possible to know how far it extends into September? I have my last year of school and I’d be studying from the very beginning, but I’d love to apply. Is it even possible to get all the work done in a month?

If selected - we could work with you to get most of the work done upfront.
Though we may need did some additional work in September but majority of the work could be done in August.

1 Like

Sounds good!

@Spathi

Hi!

Yes you would be creating the sprites. This would require you to be an artist to make them.

You will not need to put them into the Roblox engine.

2 Likes

Right, so it’d be kind of in the same style as the event’s branding? (Grey, detailed, slate, etc.)

In that case, I’d like my application to be ignored. From the work I submitted I probably wouldn’t qualify anyway.

Thanks (:

So is it or is it not sponsored?