Creator Hub models discovery improvements

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to currently search and discover the models I want

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because I’m currently looking for a model that doesn’t seem to be found anywhere.

Hey, I’m currently trying to look for a freemodel, however I can’t find it.
I just started using the creator hub marketplace, because I usually don’t use/need free models, but I want to re-create a game from the past which USED a lot of freemodels.

I’ve been searching for the past few days, without success, and this is because the marketplace itself is spammed with the same model over and over, and there’s only 34 pages of items. We can’t even look for off sale models anymore which is a big issue, because in the past we were able to look for off sale models, and contact the creator of the model to put it on-sale if they wanted to.

For example, I’m searching “zombie assassin” and I get only 2 pages of results by using filtering the models to verified users only, both of the pages which have very different designs for zombies, as you can tell by the red squares, there’s a lot of “diversity”…

Not only that, but if I try to search models uploaded by anyone, not just id-verified users, the models page will get stuck at 34 pages (respectively 1,000 result), which again, doesn’t make it a very good experience of searching.

I’ve been looking for 2 days for a model that’s present in a 2012 video, that features a game with that showcases somebody’s collection of freemodeled zombies they got from people.
the model in question is this.
Now, I’m not sure if it is off sale or no, but there’s nowhere to be found, which AGAIN, would’ve been easier to find if we were allowed to search off sale models and contact the creator for the model itself and have more results on the search page.

I don’t understand why we need to be restricted to 34 pages/1k results for models, this seems like not just useless, but also a very annoying experience for anybody using the freemodels creator marketplace.

The creator hub marketplace is a very poor experience and would really LOVE seeing some improvements here. I understand that Roblox is trying to improve how we’re looking for models, and I appreciate how many other updates we had for discovering assets, however none of them can make it up for the lack of results somebody can get and the fact that Off-sale assets aren’t visible.

Another issue I’ve been encountering with the current marketplace and didn’t happen with the old page, are old models shown as “Free” but don’t have a marketplace page
example: https://www.roblox.com/library/74824189/Midnight-Zombie

I would like to see the features I mentioned above get a return (Viewing off sale models & more than 1,000 results) in the future. Hopefully as Roblox grows, the creator marketplace will also get it’s deserved updates that will improve the experience not just for me but also other developers that are having troubles looking for the assets they really desire, and not just what the Roblox’ discovery thinks we want to find/see on the catalog/marketplace

Last but not least, I forgot to mention that there’s literally no way to obtain models created by terminated users unless you take them from somebody’s inventory as they no longer show up in the search tab, EVEN if the creator made it free, which again, doesn’t seem like a big improvement because there might be users that got terminated, but published assets that other people might want to use.

With this said, Happy holidays to the people reading this, and the engineers that take their time improving/changing stuff on the Roblox websites & studio, and hopefully we will have some more improvements to the creator marketplace at some point!

If you would like to see other changes I didn’t mention, to discovering assets, make sure to mention below so Roblox engineers can have more decisions and ideas for future updates :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I feel like the models you mentioned likely got shadow-banned, meaning the model can not show up in the marketplace or searches but still be found in your inventory. I’ve had this happen for months but this month in particular has been the worst for me when about 90% of my assets got shadow-banned and can no longer show up in the search. The other issue I had with the new marketplace was the small amounts of search results for generic or basic assets like chairs or tables.

4 Likes

Sorry if I’m late, but I definitely feel your pain. I noticed there are several models that I looked up just disappearing for no reason at all, such as a model named “R6 Random NPC” which uses a black torso on the icon from what I’ve remembered (I don’t know if it was taken offsale or shadowbanned) and a pack of R15 NPCs that I found around 2 years(?) ago that I used to create some NPCs on Roblox Studio, are now just gone from the results, and I made a stupid mistake by not purchasing those models, making them almost completely lost, and I want to credit the original model creators for making those models if I ever want to release a game so they can be appreciated. I also remembered seeing way more models that I searched for when I looked up “R6 NPC”, “R15 NPC”, and “DrTrayBlox”, but now, most of the results are just gone!

Either way, the shadowbanning is ridiculous, and it should’ve been only applied if the “Include unverified creators” option is turned off or a massive revamp of the search options menu on the left is done. Not to mention that the search system is a complete mess, and when I usually try to search for something obscure or complex with those models being previously available on the creator marketplace, all I get are models that barely have anything to do with the search, with one example I keep getting is a titanic model when I try to search up a notable Roblox user that isn’t as famous as a modern Roblox YouTuber (e.g. jandel or any classic Roblox YouTuber from around 2016 and before that year) (seen on the third):

(EDIT:) I’m pretty sure it has something to do with this update, in which I believe the spell correction feature is a buggy mess.

Still don’t believe us? Try looking up these models and include the search by creator thing, as well as checking the “include unverified creators” box, I’m pretty sure it’ll convince whoever reading this that the search system for the creator marketplace is a mess:

3 Likes