Creator Roadmap 2023: End of Year Recap

:wink: I can’t wait to see how powerful this engine can get. One day, one day. :saluting_face: :saluting_face:

15 Likes

Does this imply new constraints? The current constraints are pretty good, but I’d love to see the rail constraints from RDC come to fruition.

13 Likes

this is amazing! thanks so much to all the roblox engineers. some of these features im really excited for and will help me make games to be a lot more polished. thanks :heart_hands:

16 Likes

Noticing about half of features being delayed to 2024 may be disappointing at a first glance, but I’m actually glad Roblox has maintained its habit of aiming to release features within a particular year (setting a roadmap) rather than making the particular year a deadline; I bet the lack of crunch time significantly benefits engineer health and workflow. I believe that a good product is a product produced as intended; rushing might not produce desirable outcomes.

Out of the released features, these are my favorite:

Out of the delayed features, these are the ones I’m looking most forward to:

And for the most exciting part yet, the new roadmap items I’m looking forward to seeing are:

Time flew by so fast, that it’s hard to believe that so many great features were released. Can’t wait for 2024.

17 Likes

Thanks for the awesome goals and updates you have done, all of them are very useful, and thanks for the extra transparency. Hoping to see the future goals completed!

2023 has been the best year for Roblox, let’s hope 2024 be even better than that!

Thanks for all your efforts and time for this platform!

10 Likes

Here is an old bug I submitted in 2018 that really needs to come to the attention of the “old unresolved bugs” team at Roblox.

6 Likes

I love the fact that a 3rd of these features were released, at least in beta, 3 days before this announcement.

Their thought process was probably like "

- Hey mark, what will we put in the announcement?
Mark?

- nothing

- Oh shit releases shittons of features
"

8 Likes

Love these updates, tthe auto translate into 2024 is a great advancment

13 Likes

Plugins were set at 100 robux and not many people buy them anymore. I’m thinking that the same thing is going to happen here just like last week with ugc bundles. Roblox, please keep price floors the same.

17 Likes

I’m really impressed with this year’s updates! We’ve gotten so many great things like live scripting, shapecasts, byfron, unreliable remotes (cannot wait for server-authoritative character controllers!), video uploads and plenty of new UI features! Also loving the push for AI assistance like AI material generation!

I do hope there are moderation improvements, especially for UGC but all and all this has been an amazing year for Roblox and it seems there’s plenty to come in the future as well. It feels refreshing seeing this platform come so far over the years, especially after some of the worst years this platform has ever had.

Looking forward to 2024, hope you guys keep up the momentum!

14 Likes

Let’s hope, that publishing audio will be added along with audio APIs in 2024.

Filtering UGC only in creator marketplace would be cool too.

(Bunch of roblox stuff in mentioned place makes searching something really messy imo.)

16 Likes

No thats not possible, there are only 24 hours in a day how can there be 840,000,000 hours in a day? not possible!

14 Likes

This has been quite the year for major wins on the studio side of Roblox! You guys did an awesome job bringing about such innovative features to the engine, pushing it more steps forward to being such a great outlet for game development! Keep it up fellas, and cheers to the new year for even more greatness!

13 Likes

it’s not a single user that played 840,000,000 hours in a day, it’s the whole roblox userbase that played 840,000,000 hours in a day.

Example:
Unicorngirl plays roblox games for 1 hour;
hellouser67 plays roblox games for 2 hours;

Unicorngirl and hellouser67 played roblox games for 3 hours.

8 Likes

i really unironically want to see how long will it take for Roblox to undo the Public UGC update after seeing what the catalog has became.

I also really want to watch the chaos as everything wents down hill.

(There are already thousands of limited 1:1’s that are on the catalog for months now)

10 Likes

Public UGC should be released it’s a good idea for people that don’t own UGC Upload Permission and wanted upload a UGC Item without paying a single Robux to UGC Uploader, Roblox stated that only user have Identity Verification & 2,200 Premium to able uploading a UGC Item. Do you still think it will make chaos? Nope, cause you needed a Identity Verification & 2,200 Premium but if someone rich enough and have infinitely ID Card then it will make a serious chaos to Roblox UGC Catalog… It’s sad I already apply to UGC Uploader in April 2023 but still got no respond from Roblox, I used to pay 10,000 Robux to UGC Uploader for uploading my UGC Item for a single item just for upload, Y’all just greedy that Roblox will release a Public UGC and disagree with it

9 Likes

You clearly don’t understand that the paywall and ID verification WON’T stop those people from uploading copies, the current moderation team doesn’t do anything to get rid of the current copies on the catalog, and there are THOUSANDS of them, we’re not greedy and it is going to be a chaos, and i honestlt want to see it go down hill.

Unless they do something with the current moderation, Public UGC is far from being a good idea.

15 Likes

yeah but unicorngirl playing roblox for 1 hour and hellouser67 for 2 hours does not add up to 840,000,000 hours you proved my point exactly.

7 Likes

no i dont own it, but it seems to me it is okay to copy anything you want, and the funny part is people are making copies of an item, and then others copy that item and then they dmca it LOL

11 Likes

if you add millions of players it adds up to 840,000,000 hours

9 Likes