Creator Roadmap 2023: End of Year Recap

whos excited for public ugc in 2024

2 Likes

me!!1!!!

jokes aside I doubt that it’ll be released this year, from the looks of it

i am interested to see how many 1:1s are made when it releases, though.

3 Likes

will the 60 stud max light range be changed soon?

3 Likes

I am def… ready. I have a few items ive been sitting on waiting to be able to upload.

3 Likes

I have a major concern about this.

How will we be able to test our multiplayer experiences without having other people with us?

Or am I missing what this actually is?

5 Likes

Alt accounts, or alternate accounts, are other accounts people have for websites or services (like Roblox), usually with another main account. I assume it is talking about here that when you ban someone from your experience, you can check and see if they are using an alternate account to try and avoid the ban. People typically use alt accounts as a means to avoid bans.

4 Likes

Or kids will just be kids… and they have 2 or 3 accounts.
I have 2 - so I can test progress in my game.

Our kids have 3 accounts - so they can easily switch avatars and/or gear.
I’m sure if Roblox makes it easier for them to change with 1 or 2 clicks (instead of 10)… kids may eventually settle for just 1 account.

Roblox should fix the cheating (as they are trying)… before trying to remove legal/non-cheating players.

I do not think this change will ban alt accounts entirely. People can still use alt accounts. It’ll either hook directly into the ban system by banning alt accounts retroactively or give an API to developers to decide what to do with alt accounts in individual experiences. I imagine it will leverage Byfron by getting your HWID, a collection of identifiers unique to your PC and hardware, for this new feature. This is just speculation, though.

3 Likes

I wonder…

What happened with classic asset view through roblox(dot)com/library/(id) ?

For example:
When I checked my audio, it redirects to creator hub.

In classic view there was option to view comments and now, in creator hub it’s impossible to see comments…

3 Likes

The new system will not have Global Illumination. As @RocketWaves_Dev mentioned, dynamic GI is very expensive and we are trying to get better lighting available to more players which makes GI not our focus for now. GI is not something we’re ignoring though and we want that for Roblox, but it’s a mastodon of a project and research efforts to make it production-viable and we have other critical projects that are higher priority at the moment.

The new lighting system will have up to 4x the voxel resolution of the Voxel lighting mode at highest LOD.

2 Likes

I have a question that is not related to this topic. Will this new lighting system replace the current Voxel lighting system or actually be an entirely new system that would be available alongside the current lighting systems or something else? I am very confused.

We are not ready to get very precise with the dates yet, but it’s listed in the Creator roadmap as “New Voxel Light Grid” under “Create rich and lifelike worlds” for sometimes in 2024! We’ll update the roadmap with a more precise target as the system’s development solidifies further.

2 Likes

We have a few announcements planned which will clarify this in the next months - we’re not ready to share all the details yet. What I can share at this time is that our plans are for the current Voxel lighting system to be kept for as long as we can’t achieve an equivalent performance and visual look otherwise. Right now the New Voxel Light Grid is really intended to be a better fallback for Future lighting, as a technology that more closely looks like Future and performs better.

2 Likes

why not an alternative/cheaper global illumination algorithm? also do you plan on releasing the 240 ranged light limit feature flag? because I, and many others think it would be a game changer
to the lighting quality of games and even optimization.

2 Likes

Are uploaded video assets permanently stored, or do I need to pay to maintain the existence of my videos in the future?

1 Like

i love that roblox cares about their developers, but when are we getting our marketplace fee removal? it was mentioned in the blog’s economy section.

3 Likes

How exactly would this work? Will it tell us the usernames of the alt/main account? Or will it just be for moderation and notify us that its an alt account without providing much details?

5 Likes
  • Motion blur
  • Full implementation of the new humanoid controller (edit: i think it is already released)
  • A more flexible PathFindingService
  • New Studio UI
  • Avatar editor inside experiences
  • A more flexible Voice Chat API
  • Public sounds
  • Public animations
  • Roblox for Linux
  • Simple 3D mesh editor inside Studio (a mini Blender)
  • Simple UI editor (a mini image editor)
  • Return of genre filtering of games

Life could be dream…

7 Likes

yo wsp man , why do you think that the ugc application are closed now?? , i have applied like 6 months ago but havent got a response and now that i wanted to apply again i find out that the application are closed … , thank in advance tho

5 Likes

I made simple 3d mesh editor.

It’s still less functional, but I’ll keep updating it

3 Likes