MeshCreator - Edit meshes easily with free plugin

Plugin link: MeshCreator

About

MeshCreator is a plugin that allows you to create new meshes or modify meshes created in other programs using Editable Mesh, which is in beta testing on Roblox.

About Editable Mesh: Introducing in-experience Mesh & Image APIs [Studio Beta]

Caution

Please turn on EditableImage and EditableMesh in the beta features.

How to use

You must have the “EditableImage and EditableMesh” beta feature enabled

Click on the Mesh Creator plugin button and select the desired meshpart.

You can change the shape of the meshpart by moving attachments added to the meshpart.

You can remove that vertex by deleting the attachment.

Then, you can click the Mesh Creator plugin button again to finish editing.

What is it?

This is a file containing vertex and triangle data of an Editable Mesh and is named MeshSaveFile.

Even if the Editable Mesh is deleted, if there is a MeshSaveFile, it can be created and edited again.

Things to add

• :white_check_mark: Save/Load System (+In-game MeshLoader)
  • Primitive meshes (plane, cube, sphere)
  • Same functionality as Blender’s Subdivision Surface Modifier

I would appreciate feedback!

Github link

39 Likes

Example pictures help, some demos? etc…

5 Likes

How does this work? I installed it, have a mesh and it has a bunch of attachments now.

2 Likes

Are you able to move the VertexAttachments around to adjust the mesh?

4 Likes

Ok, it looks like it works… seems you sometimes have to click on and off of the mesh, and to select another mesh you have to unclick the plugin…

also when I hit play the mesh goes back to how it was , instead of the changed I see in studio

Play

Why in play does it not show the changes?

8 Likes

It might be nice too, when you click on the Vertex, it then has the arrows for movement, like green red blue…

4 Likes

This is because Editable meshes are not designed to be saved. So I am planning to create a save/load system.

3 Likes

oh…umm so what can I do with now… or can I just copy and paste it… or prob not… hmm

4 Likes

You can’t do anything now. However, I will try to support this feature in the plugin as soon as possible! I will also update the manual.

4 Likes

I’m currently trying to update it, and after the update, I’m going to post the source code on GitHub.

3 Likes

With the v0.0.3 update, a Save/Load System has been added, allowing you to view your Editable Mesh in-game!

2 Likes

Very exciting! Looking forward to playing around with this and seeing what I can do with this.

3 Likes

I am currently experiencing an issue that the edited mesh is different between in-studio and in-game.

In studio :

And when I join the game, it’s like :

I tried to put the edited mesh in the workspace, but still. I am not sure why this happened.

3 Likes

Sorry, latest version has a bug. It will be fixed in the next update.

3 Likes

Thanks you! This plugin with the new roblox feature is really a day saver!

3 Likes

v0.0.4 Update

Added

• Save UV coordinates of each vertex in MeshSaveFile.

Fixed

• Fixed MeshSaveFile not being loaded properly.
  • Fixed mesh size increasing when loading MeshSaveFile.
4 Likes

v0.0.5 Update

Full Changelog: Comparing v0.0.4...v0.0.5 · Name-hw/MeshCreator · GitHub

Fixed

• Fixed MeshSaveFile not being loaded for mesh parts created after installing the plugin.
3 Likes

I said I fixed the bug in the latest version, but I’m really sorry that I found a bug that prevented the plugin from running. The reason this bug was discovered was because I made a mistake writing the variable name incorrectly while optimizing the code slightly. I will update to bug-free version v0.0.6 as soon as possible.

2 Likes

v0.0.6 Update - 2024-02-03

Full Changelog: Comparing v0.0.5...v0.0.6 · Name-hw/MeshCreator · GitHub

Fixed

• Fixed bug that prevented meshes from being edited.
2 Likes

Cool plugin, suggestion, use SphereHandleAdornment’s instead of Attachments to visualize points. Why? Because not everyone has attachments set to visible. And, you have more customizable options with adornments such as size, colour, etc.

3 Likes