Creator Roadmap 2023: End of Year Recap

oh I see, maybe they would add something like that, but even if they don’t hopefully they atleast extend the range on those lights, there was already a feature flag, but its not fully released. I think we may be seeing it with that lighting update

10 Likes

Thank you!

10 Likes

Hello, Thank you for your reply.

I am really excited for the Upcoming High End Lighting System. Sorry for asking too much questions, but is there any expected release date for the new Lighting System?

9 Likes

Shhh they’ll just increase the price floor again

11 Likes

I think that a Higher price floors just means users won’t be able to afford to buy as much clothing. I think lowering the cut taken by roblox would help creator earnings rather than just shift them around.

I see some reasons for increasing the price floor because of people uploading hair as face accessories but I wish we could report those ugc creators instead.

Everything else on this road map seems fine to me.

15 Likes

I saw some caustics in this years RDC, will that mean that underwater caustics are coming to Roblox?

11 Likes

I’m still waiting on community events to release Roblox. :frowning:

You said 4 years ago that you would announce community events to Roblox, but not here? cmon man :confused:

9 Likes

Can’t be surprised, it’s Roblox what do you expect? They lie about of ton of stuff just like how they lied about Clouds, and tons of other features. :rofl:

8 Likes

Why are you saying that an feature that is currently implemented is not implemented?

8 Likes

It’s not publicly visible to anyone and you have to manually find the game that has an event, so far I haven’t seen a single community event in a single game yet.

8 Likes

They show up on your experiences page and let you display upcoming events and updates to your users. taken from the Wild Horse Islands page as an example.

8 Likes

Where did you find this? I’ve been on the experiences page a lot and never seen that!

This is all I see

11 Likes

Will support for higher resolution textures be made available in the future? Having texture size limits from the early 2000s makes the jobs of developers unnecessarily harder. If lower end devices have issues, downscale it/download a low res version of it.

10 Likes

When a game has an event, you will find the details on then game’s page.

11 Likes

Gotcha, but I’m talking about a page that has EVERY community event that exists in Roblox.

11 Likes

It’s the sum of all player’s hours. If 70 million players are playing, and they play for 12 hours in a day, it’s 840,000,000 hours for that day.

12 Likes

Are custom properties coming too? If yes will they be for everything or just packages? What are the differences between custom properties and attributes?

9 Likes

:wink: I can’t wait to see how powerful this engine can get. One day, one day. :saluting_face: :saluting_face:

15 Likes

Does this imply new constraints? The current constraints are pretty good, but I’d love to see the rail constraints from RDC come to fruition.

13 Likes

this is amazing! thanks so much to all the roblox engineers. some of these features im really excited for and will help me make games to be a lot more polished. thanks :heart_hands:

16 Likes