Creator Roadmap - AMA with Dan and Manuel [Jan 24, 2024]

Copying this question from the last AMA

At RDC and an investor’s call, something was mentioned about clothing designing changing on the platform. Rather than it being done on an image template and being overlayed as a texture like the current way to do 2D clothing, you would paint a texture over a layered clothing mesh. What exactly does that entail? And what does that mean for existing 2D clothing?

1 Like

okay i know this is way too off topic than what you guys’ jobs are about but do you think we could atleast have more color to the website or the roblox branding in the future rather than it being black grey and white, i am once again apologizing for the absolute stupidity of this question but i just got to ask it

We continue to invest into supporting a healthy Marketplace ecosystem, where different items can succeed, and prices can support more creators. The split between affiliates and creators encourages the marketing and distribution of items beyond the Marketplace, which in turn attracts more buyers to your items. We are exploring future improvements such as giving creators more control on where they sell their items so creators can make their best decisions on where to sell their products. And in the future, we will explore ways to create more flexibility on affiliate fees.

2 Likes

Like currently we only can disable core ui elements chat etc but not the main settings hamburger menu and can we be available to edit items like background transparency ui corner and image color terancparency and things as we can do with the chat popups prompt things (what on billboard ui is)or maybe available to edit it as normal ui with editing all properties

We’re actively working on this feature and ensuring it meets all safety and regulatory requirements. We will share an update as we get closer to a firm release date.

3 Likes

Highlights have had issues ever since they released, a lot of them have been fixed but some still persist. The main problem at the moment is inconsistency with the parenting and adornee. The highlight can apply in unpredictable and unintended ways that causes issues when developing. Here’s some examples of these issues: Highlighter is highlighting more then just the parent - #24 by shadowflame63

Seconded, this is an important point we’d prefer to have an answer on.

2 Likes

Hello Dan and Manuel,

I hope this message finds you well. I have a couple of questions:

1. Regarding the chat translation, could you please kindly clarify if it will be released on both TextChatService and LegacyChatService or just TextChatService? Additionally, when is the expected release date for this feature?
  2. Concerning the new Experience Controls, are there any plans for them to be available on Xbox and VR in the near future? I’ve connected my Xbox controller to my PC, and it seems there might be an adaptation.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Best regards,
MrKenobi

2 Likes

So, i heard that users in USA can have voice chat without verification (only phone verification). When will this also be avaliable for other countries?

Hey folks, thanks for all the amazing questions. We’re going to close the thread in about five minutes to give us time to work through what’s here.

1 Like

We are planning to open up creation in the first half of 2024. When we open up creation, we will require Premium 1000 or 2200 and ID verification tied to an account to improve accountability and support adherence to community guidelines. This month, we have already started requiring UGC Program members to also ID verify and subscribe to Premium 1000 or 2200 in order to upload, sell/publish, and earn from Marketplace as either an individual or as a group.

14 Likes

Can we see an increase in price floors to make “marketing beyond the marketplace” viable and realistic?

5 Likes

Is Roblox considering implementing Public Animations? This is a long-requested feature that we have unfortunately heard very little about.

9 Likes

On this topic, will annual premium be fully launched or has that idea been scrapped? Would love to know as a UGC creator if I should wait or not.

1 Like

Please see our answer here.

1 Like

Thanks for the questions! We ask to please keep it to one question per message to allow us to answer as many people as we can.

Thank you for the reply! Just a further follow up question, are there are plans to specifically set out “risky” use-cases in the short-future so that creators do not fall into a pitfall of using Editable* assets right now, only to find out that their use-case is actually going to be blocked when permission gets denied for many assets?

When is roblox voice chat coming for Europe? (some countries dont have access to voice chat in europe yet and i am in 1 of them)

2 Likes

Are there any other improvements you guys will do, apart from Occlusion Culling, that will help with client FPS?

4 Likes

Can we finally have an answer for this as people have been asking since the first AMA.
i wish roblox would not just ignore these questions that are in this kind of category.

3 Likes