Creator Roadmap - AMA with Dan and Manuel [Jan 24, 2024]

Highlights have had issues ever since they released, a lot of them have been fixed but some still persist. The main problem at the moment is inconsistency with the parenting and adornee. The highlight can apply in unpredictable and unintended ways that causes issues when developing. Here’s some examples of these issues: Highlighter is highlighting more then just the parent - #24 by shadowflame63

Seconded, this is an important point we’d prefer to have an answer on.

2 Likes

Hello Dan and Manuel,

I hope this message finds you well. I have a couple of questions:

1. Regarding the chat translation, could you please kindly clarify if it will be released on both TextChatService and LegacyChatService or just TextChatService? Additionally, when is the expected release date for this feature?
  2. Concerning the new Experience Controls, are there any plans for them to be available on Xbox and VR in the near future? I’ve connected my Xbox controller to my PC, and it seems there might be an adaptation.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Best regards,
MrKenobi

2 Likes

So, i heard that users in USA can have voice chat without verification (only phone verification). When will this also be avaliable for other countries?

Hey folks, thanks for all the amazing questions. We’re going to close the thread in about five minutes to give us time to work through what’s here.

1 Like

We are planning to open up creation in the first half of 2024. When we open up creation, we will require Premium 1000 or 2200 and ID verification tied to an account to improve accountability and support adherence to community guidelines. This month, we have already started requiring UGC Program members to also ID verify and subscribe to Premium 1000 or 2200 in order to upload, sell/publish, and earn from Marketplace as either an individual or as a group.

14 Likes

Can we see an increase in price floors to make “marketing beyond the marketplace” viable and realistic?

5 Likes

Is Roblox considering implementing Public Animations? This is a long-requested feature that we have unfortunately heard very little about.

9 Likes

On this topic, will annual premium be fully launched or has that idea been scrapped? Would love to know as a UGC creator if I should wait or not.

1 Like

Please see our answer here.

1 Like

Thanks for the questions! We ask to please keep it to one question per message to allow us to answer as many people as we can.

Thank you for the reply! Just a further follow up question, are there are plans to specifically set out “risky” use-cases in the short-future so that creators do not fall into a pitfall of using Editable* assets right now, only to find out that their use-case is actually going to be blocked when permission gets denied for many assets?

When is roblox voice chat coming for Europe? (some countries dont have access to voice chat in europe yet and i am in 1 of them)

2 Likes

Are there any other improvements you guys will do, apart from Occlusion Culling, that will help with client FPS?

4 Likes

Can we finally have an answer for this as people have been asking since the first AMA.
i wish roblox would not just ignore these questions that are in this kind of category.

3 Likes

Appreciate the question. We understand that issues with moderation can disrupt your process and we are working hard to improve velocity and increase accuracy while at the same time maintaining high levels of safety. We have made good progress in a number of areas and will continue to invest in projects like:

• Increased, higher-quality automation to decrease decision time
  • Better tooling and education for our moderators to increase precision of moderation and reduce mistakes
  • Easier appeal flows so we can quickly correct decisions in case of mistakes
10 Likes

Are there any plans to make spaced display names (or real names) available for users outside the USA?

1 Like

Will we see new improvements to graphics settings like higher quality shadows and an advanced/improved graphics settings menu?

3 Likes

Will websockets & more events (like gdpr, ban request removal) be added to Roblox? There is an on-going feature request for this, and I wanted to follow-up to see if it’s planned, or whats going on.

What happened to expanding the UGC program to classic, 2D faces? When UGC was first announced, we were told that this would happen? But based on this statement regarding the release of UGC faces, I am not entirely sure.

1 Like