Creator Roadmap - AMA with Dan and Manuel [Jan 24, 2024]

Is there a possibility of compute shaders coming to Roblox sometime in the future.

13 Likes

Are there any plans regarding the algorithm of the Avatar Shop? The updated Terms of Service states that classic clothes will be sorted based on popularity. However, the current search results shows the same random clothes for everyone when searching for “red top” for instance. It only displays the clothes with the exact same name regardless of relevancy or popularity.

12 Likes

Will voice chat ever be expanded beyond just 50 player servers? This could open up a lot of cool possibilities for communication based experiences at 100 or even 200 player servers.

9 Likes

Are there any upcoming plans regarding the UGC Avatar Marketplace that you’re excited to share?

7 Likes

Currently the UGC limited profit share is completely unreasonable and unbalanced. There is no reason to make limiteds due to the expected profit loss, yet Roblox keep pushing it and promoting the feature.

Will we expect to see a more fair and equal profit share for UGC limiteds in the future?

17 Likes

A Roblox Admin stated back in January of 2023 that there was a plan to release a callback loop synced with Physics rate, akin to Unity’s FixedUpdate method. The need for this is immense for numerous uses, one such being raycasting vehicles which my team has been trying to implement for a while but can’t because of this limitation. Can we expect to see an update on this anytime soon?

17 Likes

Thanks for the questions! We ask to please keep it to one question per message to allow us to answer as many people as we can.

7 Likes

Under Reporting & Appeals it says that in the future we will be able to manage our reports. Does this mean we will have more insight on our reports such as the status of our report (accepted, rejected, pending) and maybe a reason incase our report gets rejected?

8 Likes

Can we ever edit the core ui like background colour image colour transperancy and ui corner or maybe edit the intire core ui or disable things so we more free to make our game how we like since close and arow back are go to the home page and way we can’t disable or edit it

5 Likes

Is more control over instance replication (like being able to replicate an instance to a specific player) planned or noted? I would really like more control over replication, especially due to the fact that StarterGui and ReplicatedStorage are incredibly inefficient to use for storage due to how they replicate. It’d be very nice to have more control over what instances replicate to who, because it’d mean that I don’t have to use hacks like parenting things into PlayerGui just to save memory on the server.

9 Likes

Regarding: New UIListLayout Flex Features [Beta]

The roadmap says this is now live but it appears to still be in beta (only works in studio.) Are there any updates as to when this will be fully released?

3 Likes

Will developers ever be able to use OpenCloudService in games? if so is there any eta on when this will happen, and will we be able to access the entirety of open cloud?

As it would be nice to nolonger have to use proxies for interacting with roblox apis.

6 Likes

With recent platform expansions (playstation, vr), are there no plans to support Roblox on Linux/Steamdeck?

6 Likes

Hey there!

As we all know there has been alot involved about the UGC Marketplace lately, but I’ve got a little question. We all know that in the layered clothing category of the UGC Marketplace there’s a section for shoes, but as of right now UGC creators cannot upload their shoe items in there only Roblox can/does. I was wondering if there’s a reason for why its like that? Many UGC creators are putting their shoe items in the pants category. Any chance you could let us know when we’ll be able to upload our shoe items in the actual shoes section?

Thanks!

15 Likes

Do you guys ever plan on allowing us to run our code in a Roblox environment through CI? There have been numerous times that our workflows has been broken due to changes to how the security cookie works. But at the same time there doesn’t seem to be any other alternatives offered like headless studio, roblox-cli or analogous.

7 Likes

Hey Dan & Manuel! Hope you all had a great New Years and a good break.

I had a question regarding the new Communities that have started rolling out.
Back a few RDCs ago, we were shown that there were plans to roll-out an in-game group join prompt.

Are there still plans as Communities roll out to include this or are there no plans at this time to include the in-game group join prompt?

Thanks!

8 Likes

you guys say this one line quote on nearly every post touching on the topic of UGC “to help grow creator earnings”

however in this specific context of the avatar marketplace, creators continue to get the short end of the stick with no meaningful progress.

when can we expect a more fair split for avatar products, especially in regards to affiliate fees earning a higher split than creators of the products themselves?

22 Likes

Hello, I just want to ask when the public ugc will be released?

6 Likes

Many moons ago it was announced that the CLOUDS feature would be getting an update introducing things like new cloud types, cloud height and more. That update never came. Is there any reason as to why? This was a highly anticipated feature for many.

8 Likes

Will Roblox Brand Limiteds and Drops, and even the off-sale classic item go Limiteds for 2024 to finish the classics and to continue the Roblox Brand Limited Series? If so what is the future of real Roblox Brand Products and their direction for it, as the customer and users and the community wish for content to be on the Roblox Brand and to be tradable as well under the Roblox Brand only, since UGC Limiteds do not follow the same stuff. I am looking forward to the return of Roblox Brand Limited products and would be willing to spend Robux on just only those. I don’t support UGC Limiteds.

Here is the question again:
Will Roblox Brand Limiteds and Drops, and even the off-sale classic items go Limiteds for 2024 to finish the classics and to continue the Roblox Brand Limited Series?

8 Likes