Creator Roadmap - RDC 2023 Update

In my experience, custom occlusion culling is very much worth it.

8 Likes

With the addition of the PlayStation to playable devices, will we finally see a rework of the Roblox user experience on console? It’s current state makes it very hard to use and only contains a fraction of functionality that mobile, or PC have. The current setup for consoles feels like something you would have seen on 2nd/3rd generation consoles, not 4th and 5th generation.

Would love to see a unified user experience across all devices.

With that being said… loving the roadmap I am excited for many of the features and changes coming to the platform!!

7 Likes

Huh lmao

11 Likes

Can we get a more in-depth explanation to what this actually does? What is considered the “best server” & what features do users need to share to match in these servers?

6 Likes

Yay! Consistent roadmap updates! <3 <3 <3

7 Likes

Do any of these updates have anything to do with this feature?

8 Likes

I am assuming you meant “Studio” as in the studio development team, I really hope this is not just for studio. This will be the single most important improvement to the engine in a LONG time!

9 Likes

I think about this every day :')

This has been my biggest pain point for as long as I can remember, I wish it was on the roadmap. I feel like something like this is so standard for “creating rich and lifelike worlds”

6 Likes
  • Mesh & Texture APIs
    This is going to be a game changer.
7 Likes

i hope voxel grid changes willintroduce unlocking restricting nature of lights, this is STILL a problem up to this date.

2 Likes

Is there any update on the state of public audio? Can we have the ability to upload 6 second audio as public in the meantime before the 2024 audio updates, or will those updates not even include public audio

7 Likes

And plus, can you please fix the hinge constraint servo motors?
I have evidence:

The hinge constraint prematurely stops before it reaches it’s intended TargetAngle

So we have to set the HingeConstraint to a higher speed in order to compensate. and this is particularly useless in applications where precision is of upmost importance.
As this could make the mechanism undershoot or overshoot the target or in a worse circumstance, could even possibly break the mechanism.

So can you please take this bug to the attention of the staff at your end?

I had to post it here because I couldn’t make a new topic at bug reports

3 Likes

That’s not a bug, we want this to be a feature!

3 Likes

i did hear a interview convo on twitter with a roblox dev and a roblox engineer at rdc that they have the Nintendo switch on mind

the convo was about which better platform would bring in more players for roblox: linux or the switch?

that’s just speculation idk

6 Likes

good amount of good features ngl
just add a linux client, its not hard if you can port RCCService to linux

1 Like

That would be nice. My Laptop runs Roblox on lowest graphics, and it has less ram (0.17 less) than a switch! And switch has a similar processor. So it isn’t Far Fetched.

Because switch has Minecraft and Fortnite.

And switch would be running at its smooth 30fps that it does with Fortnite (if optimized) which would make it use less ram for graphics, hence letting it run.

Because my laptop has slightly less ram and can run 50-60FPS.

The only thing keeping it back would be Nintendo.

1 Like

A lot more people have been asking for Linux support, but I think that bringing it to BOTH platforms would be good.

3 Likes

Send this to @Bug-Support in the fashion of a Bug Report, and they will post it.

1 Like

So far everything looks good and I’m excited for the future of roblox but I do have 1 question and 1 “issue”.

Don’t we already have a screenshot button? Or does this refer to sharing screenshots you’ve taken? (also while we’re here can we PLEASE get an update for the built in recorder, its laggy as hell and uses a file time that most editing software doesn’t take (in fact not even the devforum takes the damn file))

No.

6 Likes

Are there any news for margins on shapecasts? One of the intended use cases for shapecasts is character controllers but they are not possible without margins.

3 Likes