Creator Roadmap - RDC 2023 Update

This is like a dream come true!

Unreliable remote events
Mesh & Texture APIs
Occlusion culling
UI styling & flex layouts
Audio API

All in the same announcement!

Thank you to everyone at Roblox who is paving the way towards getting these in-game, these have all been a huge community request for a while and I gotta say, I had almost lost hope.

Can’t wait to play with the betas and build a whole new tier of experiences with just this set of features, it can’t be overstated how impactful this year will be on Roblox.

50 Likes

Glad, to see PlayStation and Meta Quest coming on Roblox, but is there any plans for Nintendo switch?

45 Likes

I’m really excited to see support for PlayStation, subscriptions and Banning API!

Are you planning to add Arabic version of the documentation?

37 Likes

Does this include fixing light leaks? It’s just a long term pain point in lighting, it really should be fixed by next year.

When I say long term, I really mean it, it’s been happening for who knows how long, but Roblox definitely was aware of this issue since 2020.

I did hear that engineers are working on this but I have heard no official statement, so I would love to hear an update on this situation (e.g., whether it will be part of the creator roadmap or not).

86 Likes

I’d love to see an increased limit on server memory. I’ve seen a couple of creators (including myself) that are very limited to the 6.25 GB ceiling we have when creating games. Our games will go over the limit over time which results in our servers crashing. This significantly hurts retention, and we aren’t equipped with the best suggestions by ROBLOX on how to reduce it.

ROBLOX is a growing platform with games that are becoming more realistic, and personally I believe the platform should help creators by increasing this limit.

32 Likes

Is there any news/ETA on the tools for reporting, managing and tracking IP claims? As I feel this is a growing issue on Roblox with games, clothing and with the upcoming release of public UGC there is a lot to protect and not a lot that can be done to protect what you believe is yours unless you go nuclear with DMCA.

28 Likes

Will an ETA come out for Android future lighting? Android seems to have been left out or left behind when it comes to most new features (including highlights to a degree).

28 Likes

I’m concerned that this is on the roadmap (and set for this year) despite the clear strong-opinions of many developers, both positive and negative. In my case, unless massive changes are made, I see this as a regression and many other developers also appear to share that sentiment:

35 Likes

Does the occlusion culling only exist in studio or experiences as well?

24 Likes

I think I can say with confidence that we want custom analytics as well, would be a great addition

20 Likes

Godbless occlusion culling, do you have any idea how painful my open world is? :sob:

37 Likes

Interesting. Will this have a alt detection… :wink:

19 Likes

Definitely excited for Playstation support! Awesome to finally see it.

22 Likes

Yes, this was announced at RDC that they will do their best with bans to also detect alts of the originally banned user.

23 Likes

It seems that on this roadmap the “Flexible Quantity” UGC items are not mentioned at all, is there any update on that?

19 Likes

We’ll see what the creator roadmap has to say on October 4th, we should likely get our answers then.

14 Likes

I really hope it is not happening, but we’ll see when we get there.

19 Likes

it’s nice to finally see this, although it does seem a tad bit overkill to restrict it to 17+
hope it gets changed in the future…

18 Likes

You should probably update the last updated date to this month on the page. Also, I would like to see the changes highlighted on the page or something of the sort, it’s quite hard to find the new features on the actual page itself.

11 Likes

How will this feature work? Will it fix the awkward light bleeding in the corners between roofs and walls?

18 Likes