Creator Store: Buy and Sell Plug-Ins with Real-World Currency

And honestly having real money being the only way to get some assets in a marketplace isn’t weird. Asset stores like Unity is an example of allowing creators to make real money from their assets, not online currency like robuxs.

1 Like

My thoughts on this update is actually very great Idea or good I understand the benefits of this feature but it has to come into consideration and the concern about less favorable exchange rates or impact on user regions including economic.

In Thailand (Yes I live in that country) due to the exchange rate and multiple factors can make outside-country purchases quite expensive as 1 USD is equals to roughly 30 THB, meaning that anything purchased outside the country just cause a lot of price increase making it useless or out of reach.

While plugins are already priced at a premium, I’m concerned that this update could lead to a similar increase in the cost of models which made them all useless.

Hopefully as mentioned “The new system has more restrictions on supported countries” this will be expand and support wider range of countries in the future. I truly appreciate the efforts in this area.

1 Like

You set my plugin – for sale at 4,000 robux for over 1 year – to free, while I was asleep.

I thought this was a visual glitch, but I purchased it on my alt account, for free. This transaction didn’t even appear in my transactions tab, which leads me to believe that anyone during the 6 hour period between your announcement and when I woke up and discovered this could have got this 4,000 robux for the price of 0. Worst of all, I don’t even know who they are or if they exist at all.

This is extremely unfair to anyone who had purchased the plugin for the actual price, as an unknown amount of users could have got this for free.

Still the problem with Robux option isn’t addressed.

I am Russian and pretty sure Stripe will NEVER EVER support Russia due to “yap yap politics and war yap yap”.
Plus I’ve already mentioned it’s just much harder for others to buy plugins.

Please hear us out. I’d pay with upmarked robux price all I want if I find a dream asset/plugin.

also i guess its time to make my own plugin suite

4 Likes

Hi,

We have messaged you directly to investigate this situation further. Apologies for the inconvenience.

I don’t think countries with financial sanctions have much of an option for payments. Unless you have the Robux already, you shouldn’t be able to obtain the Robux by purchasing it (in theory - I don’t know if Roblox blocks Robux purchases in these cases).

I heard it was due to a money glitch. And Roblox was losing money which made them get rid of tickets.

I can’t blame Roblox if the bad actors decide to abuse a system that ruined everyone’s experience. But that’s beside the point. :man_shrugging:

Well I’ve made Robux through a game but now I can’t even spend it on plugins anymore so I’m basically stranded from the plugin store, unless i find free versions that satisfy my needs

2 Likes

To say that i dislike this update, is like to say nothing - why?
I’m in Russia currently, and if we will not have Robux as a payment method, i will basically no longer be able to get plugins. Only the free ones.

Is it really so hard to just keep 2 things??? Like what horrible things could happen if you just kept robux as an alternative way to buy plugins??? Not all of roblox developers are from USA, and by doing this you just flip users in other countries off by literally denying them access to plugins for robux.

This is stupid.

6 Likes

Note that, thing is its not even about the military conflict, its about the fact that Roblox probably never even gave us option to buy things, i remember wisely before all of this, we couldnt buy robux for OUR currency, only usd.

I’m sure we will never get localized prices either…

1 Like

I see this negatively affecting sales as many devs who previously purchased plugins via roblox, are no longer able to depending on their financial situation / age.

Not making this optional was a terrible decision and hopefully they decide to make it optional, but I expect nothing from this company anymore.

3 Likes

If you don’t fight something good here and do not find a way so we can use Robux too I will not buy anything [Inclusive Robux (I mean wen you can’t buy something anymore they loss massive worth. You can only buy something in game and avatar things. That’s almost useless.)]

But, You are infact making moves to prevent people from making money? You are encouraging a pay wall that blocks off convenient and sometimes needed tools for most people. This is in no way a productive change, It is a change that is appealing to a subsection of users that are the minority heavily. Roblox is mean’t to be a platform that empowers creation! Not empowers creation if you pay 150 dollars for it. How many roblox devs know how to use the command bar? By encouraging this sort of thing some poor kid is gonna be forced to beg his mom to let him pay 5 dollars just for a tool that lets him make a game for his friend that has his friend’s avatar in it!

Tldr:This change is way too much! And your stance on it only stands to hurt your reputation by making you look greedy. Now if thats true or not im not going to argue with you on. The fact of the matter is. This change is bad, and needs to be reverted.

3 Likes

Make a lower price Barrier. Like 0,10 USD.
Also give us the choice!
Version 1: (better)
The developer sets 2 prices.
We can chose with what we pay

Version 2:
The developer can let us a choice or sets one of the 2 pricing options.

1 Like

Worst Update.

I feel like Roblox want to make more money and we charged to less.

There goes all my robux revenue :sob:

1 Like

Hopefully free plugins take over. I dont want to be buying stuff with USD when I could of used Robux.

5 Likes

I’m not against plugins being sold for real money, but I’m strongly against plugins only being sold for real money. This should have been an option alongside being able to sell plugins for Robux.

5 Likes

could’ve been worse, being able to sell models for real money.
but let’s be real, that wouldnt happen.

This update has seriously affected my development plans. You do understand that has a DISADVANTAGE and this update is harming developers who dont have pocket money or something to buy it on.

4 Likes