Creator Store: Buy and Sell Plug-Ins with Real-World Currency

Well, rip any plugin devs that aren’t in the USA, or are <18. Thanks. Real generous of yall!

Why couldn’t you have just, yknow, NOT taken a percentage of profit off of Robux based sales?

1 Like

Imagine a riot lol

character characterr

You can buy robux in Russia through external online wallets such as Qiwi, worked for me without issues, so I don’t think Roblox outright blocks payments in cases like this.

ROBLOX is not being helpful on this update. Shocked to this update was FURIOUS

2 Likes

Can’t buy, got this … I’m in France, normal?

This whole thread just makes me realize how comically out of the loop I am with plugins. Last time I looked into them, it was still required to go to a third party site to download a text document of the Lua source… I think I decided at that time that most stuff I’d use plugins for I already do with command bar shenanigans, and still do to this day. Bad workflow? Probably, but with changes like this to the system I’m certainly not going to improve that part of it!

1 Like

After this update, I cannot sell my plugins for robux…
I hope we will be allowed to sell it for real-world currency and robux at once.

5 Likes

Once again, we have a good feature update locked behind ID verification. I will never understand how someone who creates an account today and ID verifies is more qualified for these features than me with almost no moderation besides warnings (years ago) for the past 10 years (well 10 years in exactly one month from now). I really want to like these updates, but locking every new feature behind ID verification is not the solution (and it never was).

To summarise:

"Here is an update!

We admit it is very restrictive!

We did it anyway!

Instead of just waiting to finish an unrestrictive version!"

3 Likes

It was set to release around these days (8th of April iirc), in the meantime they can collect analytics and constructive feedback while working out a solution for unsupported countries.

Roblox does this often, such as the beta features, preview in group roles, experience notifications, etc. It saves time, since the product team can immediately improve the feature to feedback.

There’s no time pressure on buying plugins. If you can’t buy the plugin you wanted for a few weeks, that’s an inconvenience, but I don’t think it’s a blocker.

1 Like

I would like to voice further support for regional pricing; a lot of developers whom I have worked with were from countries mentioned by others in this post such as Brazil, and providing financial aid in a manner of adjusting prices would be a win-win for both consumers and plugin developers.

2 Likes

Is there an API for us to check if a user has a Plugin in our experiences?

1 Like

I’m 39. I think it’s terrible that roblox is excluding all developers under 18 and all developers not id verified from this part of the economy. (On both sides - maybe some kids have money on cards to use for such expenses, but many more only have robux).

3 Likes

This is a really good update however creators should still be able to sell with Robux if they want to. Why not give the option?

1 Like

I was lucky to grab before USD prices came, because I cannot pay in real life currency, this will be my last paid plugin.

8 Likes

i thought this company was supposed to help young creators, but instead it makes it harder for them…? no one, or not many on this platform have a Credit Card. please just revoke this update and make the robux cut below 30% instead

1 Like

I can happily defend ID verification because Stripe requires it and the YouTube monetisation process that I’ve been through before required address verification.

I completely understand why it’s required here. I know I have been vocal in the past regarding how ID verification sucks and if I was going through it now, I’d have to blow £90 on a passport because it’s expired :joy:.

Was it really that hard to keep Robux in some way? I get that many talented creators will now be able to sell plugins for a fair price, but now as a smaller developer, I’m left behind with no hope of earning something from a plugin ever again.

I’ve had like roughly 100+ sales on a few plugins (but that was mostly free purchases), but I don’t see how this will ever be good for me. My marketplace is mostly smaller developers, I don’t know a single decently sized developer that actually has bought my plugin (except one which I’ll argue doesn’t count anyways since we’re friends).

I have never had enough Robux to DevEx from a plugin and I’d argue that when I eventually do get access to USD Pricing, I’m never going to really get any sales from that either. Considering that I think my audience is what I stated, I don’t necessarily see them forking $5 for a plugin. I think I’ve come to the realisation that I’m never going to make some plugin that’s simply mind-blowing, that’s not going to happen. I wish the price floor was at least a bit lower, like $1. I know that may lead to people underpricing their work though.

I straight up don’t know how to proceed with the situation considering the state I’m in right now. I’m never going to develop something purely innovative like other creators and I straight up don’t know why I’m still on this platform making stuff considering I don’t play any games on it and I rarely actually develop unless I want to.

4 Likes

this was probably the last time i will buy a plugin, and no, i won’t buy a 30$ plugin.

#bringbackrobuxpurchases !!!

3 Likes

And? What changed now? I can’t buy plugins, even if I wanted to because my country is not supported, does this make plugin developers more profit? Hell no. They cut off a huge chunk of the playerbase with usd purchases alone, and probably cut off a bigger chunk who is not willing to pay real cash just to be 10% faster. The reason plugins were cheap was because demand was high, everyone was in competition; but not anymore because of this new change. USD plugins are not bad but we still should have robux purchases on.

10 Likes

This will be a massive problem for the future.

1 - Risk of pirated/unlicensed assets reaching the marketplace, sold for real money.
Without the original developers notice of this, they’re making money off other peoples work at a higher price payout than before. This was already done before by people uploading vectors of rhos on their plugins for high prices.

2 - Exporting plugins and placing them free.
Already-owned plugins can be exported and uploaded to the marketplace for no extra cost. Nobody would consider spending real life money on plugins so piracy would rise.

3 - The “$4.99 Minimum Price” is horrendous.
For plugins with such minimalist design which preforms a simple task would be forced over the price gate of $5. Tax will also be added onto this price. This update is the literate example of modern day dystopia. I hope you would change this in the future.

8 Likes