Creator Store Seller Onboarding Now Open!

I’m mixed on this, lemme explain why I’m mixed:

On your previous post, it says “asset creators can maximize their revenue share without being subject to platform fees (30%) and the DevEx rate.”, so creators that use USD have no platform fees while people that use Robux does? I know there was a thing at RDC to disable platform fees with Robux, starting this year I think (I’m not sure, correct me if I’m wrong)…

Edit: “Receive the full proceeds from your sales minus an approximately 10% fee to cover costs”
I’m assuming the documentation never got updated, my mistake.

When a refund occurs, Roblox removes the asset from the customer’s inventory. If a very high proportion of sales for an asset come from accounts with an exceptional history of chargebacks, the asset is taken off sale and your payouts are frozen. If you have grounds to appeal this action, you can file a request with Roblox support.

Oh boy, how long will the refunds take to be processed and returned to the customer?

2 Likes

What, How? Minors can still buy these just that they will have to use real money now. After all they somehow buy their robux with real money too.

2 Likes

That’s like saying free video games should not be a thing. If people want to price it that way, they should have the right to. Capitalistic freedom.

4 Likes

It’s to limit spam/malicious plugins being made, you can also use your phone to verify:

2 Likes

i verified with phone and it dont verify

2 Likes

Hi! Our previous announcement has further details on some of your questions, but will answer here as well!

1. Are there plans to support other currencies like GBP instead of just dollars? While the assets will appear in a USD price, our payment processor, Stripe, will calculate taxes (sales tax, VAT, etc.) based on your location and convert currencies when charging your payment method. We will also investigate displaying prices in local currencies in the future.
  2. Is there a chance to have a custom input or adding even more options soon? Yes will definitely investigate further options in the future. But to provide more context on why the fixed list: The fixed list allows us to smoothly enable price localization in the future. Today we only display prices in USD, but we would like to expand this to other currencies down the line.
  3. Can users buy assets with Gift Card, if they don’t have/can’t use credit cards? This is a great idea that we are absolutely investigating. Appreciate the suggestion!
13 Likes

Verification with phone is being depreciated, you can’t use it for this if you read the pages regarding to selling.

1 Like

Most individuals under the age of 18 have no USD. Because it’s hard to get a job as a minor. Where is there income and how are they going to have any without competent video game development?

2 Likes

Somehow the minors managed to get robux to buy plugins before too? That can only be done with real money.

This update will not make free plugins be priced.

Edit: Interesting point tho, I did not think about what someone which gets their robux through funds would do.

3 Likes

In my opinion, 380 Robux being “expensive” is the problem. This isn’t a game that has other monetization, or an avatar item that has a huge market. Plugins are big tools with a very limited market, and you only have 1 chance to make any money from it (for now? Pay what you want please!). I stopped working on plugins because they are not worth my time. Plugins on Roblox won’t get better if we have a race to the bottom.

9 Likes

I am phone verified and it won’t let me do the onboarding because of it

1 Like

Not every minor buys Robux with USD. Theres Pls Donate, Commisions, and Robux earned through games

6 Likes

Not to mention we already tried “capitalistic freedom” and ended up with everyone complaining about earning no money because they were pressured into selling plugins for pennies and received death threats if they dared ask for… checks notes two dollars.

14 Likes

The requirements stated on onboarding says ID verified.

1 Like

Will this extend onto Gamepasses and dev products soon?

1 Like

Oh… that is actually something that Roblox should revert. It’s really hard to just “fake” a phone number, and it’s kind of easy to fake inputting your ID, like the Mc Glemmens ID.

Why would they force it??

1 Like

No. Just no. I would rather be having to pay Robux instead of USD imagine the ones without a bank account.

3 Likes

The software they use checks for fake IDs. It’s also a criminal offence to use one

3 Likes

My guess is that they want to be extra careful given they’re setting you up with a third party payments processing service which will likely have to deal with your real identity for legal purposes.

6 Likes

The thing about virtual currency is that it increases the likelihood of parents buying it, rather than asking their parents for everything they want to buy. That’s why this system is used in so many games. It’s psychology.

3 Likes