Critical Issue: Roblox Client Causes Computer Restart

Dear Fellow devlopers,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to bring to your attention a critical issue that I have been experiencing with the Roblox client. Whenever I attempt to open the Roblox client on my computer, it results in an immediate system restart.

Note: Roblox studio works perfectly fine even in testing, and even in larger games!

This problem started occurring after the recent introduction of the new anti-cheat system, Hyperion/Byfron. Prior to this update, the Roblox client was functioning flawlessly on my system. However, since the update, I have been unable to access the game platform due to the persistent computer restart issue.

I have made extensive efforts to troubleshoot and resolve the problem on my own. I have tried reinstalling Roblox, performing clean boot and disc boot processes, removing temporary files, and even upgrading my operating system from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Unfortunately, none of these attempts have successfully resolved the issue.

During my search for a solution, I came across a thread in the Roblox Developer Forum community where users refer to this problem as a “64-bit client issue.” According to one user, the issue seems to be related to certain software that opens a read/write handle to the Roblox client process, despite not requiring write access. This practice is generally considered bad, as there should be no reason for another process to write into the process space of the Roblox client.

The user further explains that Hyperion, the new anti-cheat system, distinguishes between legitimate software and potentially harmful software based on whether a process is digitally signed. Digitally signed processes are granted write access to the client, but any attempts to write to the client trigger integrity checks, resulting in a crash.

Please note that I have already submitted a bug report using the designated functionality within the Roblox platform. The bug report contains detailed information, reproduction steps, and all relevant log files and dump files. This message is separate from the bug report and is intended to draw your attention to the severity of the issue.

Samilar issues: Everytime i open roblox my pc just restarts

Thank you for your time and consideration to read about this topic!

2 Likes

I had that issue and i found fix to it.

Anti-Virus software i was using (360 Total Security) was causing this. I reinstalled windows and installed the anti virus over again and it fixed roblox for 3 days but when the bug occured again. I reinstalled windows over again and didnt install that Anti-Virus and the bug didnt come back again.

So maybe try reisntalling windows and not installing any 3rd party Anti-Virus software if you used it

Sorry for bad english btw

4 Likes

my theory is that the anti virus was detecting roblox new anticheat as critical malware so it was restarting the pc (it removed roblox file for me when the issue occured first time)

2 Likes

Wow! it actually worked, but i didn’t have to uninstall the windows, Thanks bro it been 4 months you are a life saver! and it make sense since the antivirus was in the old windows as well! Thank you so much!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.