[CRITICAL] New Studio Update Skews Interactions

Having the same issue where my mouse is offset in the viewport, really frustrated that I can’t work in studio right now

2 Likes

Going to title as Critical, not sure if this is only applicable to certain people; but from the sounds of it a lot of people are currently finding it impossible to use studio.

5 Likes

Definitely not an uncommon issue, myself and other people in the dev team I work in are having this issue. This seems to have come with the same patch that causes 3D11 rendering to hard crash studio. May have something to do with whatever they changed about rendering- mouse placement in tabs, lists, and menus outside of the rendered workspace all appear in the correct location for me.

1 Like

I was able to fix it momentarily, I’m not sure if the problem has to do with screen resolution. My main screen is 1440p, when I moved my studio tab onto my 1080p monitor it was fixed until I maximized the tab, I only was able to do this once.

1 Like

I’ve also had a similar issue which I mentioned here followed by another problem to do with the icon quality

1 Like

rotating my camera feels extremely off, shift-lock is also broken for me, it simply offsets my camera but doesnt lock my mouse or change the mouse icon

Try checking this box:

This might fix the problem for some of you.

1 Like

Doing this seemingly just makes the problem worse.

2 Likes

This is 100% caused by high DPI scaling. My 1600p laptop has the issue, my 1080p MacBook does not. one of My friends monitors (1080p) has no problems, the other one (4k) has this issue.

1 Like

I was able to fix the cursor offset,

I enabled the high DPI scaling beta feature and it seems to have gotten rid of the offset cursor in the viewport. Everything is working as normal so far but there is this weird jitter when I right click to rotate my camera and it feels stiff at times.

I found this out in the new studio patch announcement

4 Likes

Same thing is happening to me, crashes a lot as well

1 Like

This fixes the strange offsets, but it doesn’t fix the inability to drag widget sizes, etc.

Have deduced this issue is to the scaling in the toolbox not working as intended?

1 Like

Yes the problem may do with the scaling of the widgets, trying to organize them is impossible.

Honestly I’m just glad I’m able to move objects around so I can get some work done, but just navigating the camera is quite jarring.

2 Likes

This does “fix” it, but UGH it completely shrinks down my screen size just as it was here

This is not a fix roblox, everything was just fine the past couple of weeks in terms of DPI issues.

2 Likes

This beta feature do actually fix strange offset problems related to this topic, but honestly I would prefer old themed icons instead because how it look more cleaner in my opinion though.

I hope Roblox would fix this weird offset without needing to enable a new DPI Aware Studio feature.

2 Likes

Experiencing this issue pretty badly. The viewport mouse is offset by about 30% of the screen & docked tabs like the toolbox are not filling their respective containers properly. When testing the game, I can’t access about 30% of the lower portion of the game window and interact with any Gui.

Enabling the DPI scaling beta feature fixes the mouse and container issue, but then other issues show themselves like textstroke not properly aligning itself with the text.

I hope this gets resolved soon. Up until now I used the override scaling property and it worked just fine. As of the most recent update, I can’t use studio without an issue occurring.

Container Issue:

Text stroke issue:
textstrokeissue

2 Likes

I don’t know if this has been solved yet but the way to fix it is to go to beta features and enable ‘DPI Aware Studio’.

At least this is how I fixed it.

1 Like

They’re forcing users to do the new beta. It’s like how they broke the “not opted in” state of AnimationWeightedBlendFix as well.

You can also try setting your DPI scaling to 100%, though…

It might make your studio window “small”. Try reopening studio if that happens, it worked on another PC for me.

2 Likes

Thanks for the report. I filed a ticket to our internal database.

2 Likes

Closing this topic as the beta in question no longer exists. If this is still ongoing please file a new creator bug report and we will review!