Report menu has vulnerability that allows accounts to be banned instantly

The fact this has gone even a day without atleast a response from staff is not okay. This should be a #1 priority to fix, and its alarming this can even pop up in the first place.

After reading how simply its done, its actually insane the multibillion dollar company behind this didnt think of it.

All it takes is thinking “how could this be exploited” when making the feature that has the ability to ban users off your platform.

Theres the chance that the exploit is not as we think of it, and that it is some obscure method that couldnt have been patched beforehand, but seen as how were talking about Roblox and this relates to moderation, id say the chance is pretty negligable.

5 Likes

Hm. Serious problem on roblox, which somehow NOT GOT ANY ATTENTION FROM STAFF? I have some good games, but bc I’m scared, I have closed them…

Hope roblox fixes this as soon as possible, and won’t ignore this problem.

4 Likes

What if my place is set to private but still viewable on my profile?

3 Likes

As long as the attacker is unable to join said place, you should be good to go.

7 Likes

Someone I know has appealed twice already to this problem, got unbanned both times and keeps getting banned back for the same reason, I believe it’s a problem with the appeals and not the exploit being abused but I hope the staff gets aware that this is happening, so when people appeal for being banned for this exploit are actually able to get back on the platform, and do not get stuck in a ban loop.

His UserId: 921327341
The PlaceId: 2717457045

9 Likes

Continuing onto this, it seems like appeals are also getting denied, the friend of that person got banned for the same reason and were unnable to appeal.

Yes, they got their appeal denied. This is HIGHLY concerning.

20 Likes

Oh my… this is very worrying. Roblox needs to do something.

5 Likes

Hello. My friend’s account got deleted because of this bug. Can you give me your comms so we can talk about this? I would really appericate if you could help us.

12 Likes

From this message it makes it seem like there is nothing to be done for the time being. I would wait untill roblox adresses the issue and fixes it.

5 Likes

I’m going to mention @Hooksmith because he will probably be able to alert the teams to this critical issue. Hopefully, Roblox will act quick and reinstate the affected accounts!

10 Likes

Thanks for the report! We agree this is a major problem, and our Safety team is on it. Anyone whose account is impacted should use the appeal system and they’ll correct it. We will be able to provide more information next week.

76 Likes

Oh man, it’s almost Crosswoods all over again.

8 Likes

honestly it seems worse. victims do not even have to do anything to be banned.

8 Likes

this is why lately ive been leaning more towards unreal engine development.

I really don’t want to waste the 5+ years I’ve spent developing on roblox, but I am genuinely tired of this crap. roblox needs to get their act together because this isn’t a game anymore they need to take this nonsense seriously. genuine developers who want to or already have made roblox a career can now have that taken away from them from 1 exploiter. seriously what kind of company lets things get this bad? listen to your damn community roblox!

16 Likes

i was thinking about switching to godot for game development lately and i might aswell just do it now lol

3 Likes

That is bad but we can probably patch this with script ssuch as an AntiInjector script, a script that kicks / bans the person who injects an executor into your game.

3 Likes

Will there be any sort of automatic rollback for this scenario? I’ve already seen appeals get denied after this exploit, so it’s concerning if un-lucky victims lose their account for something they didn’t even do.

13 Likes

Absolutely! We definetly need a rollback. Or at least they actually have to check the place before they ban people.

36 Likes

What will happen to people who got their appeal request denied?

29 Likes

No response from the staff yet? What do we need to do to get some attention? Ping every staff that works at Roblox? There’s no way Roblox is that ignorant
Nevermind

4 Likes