[CRITICAL] TeleportService recently started failing due to supposedly exceeding requests/minute limit

Branching off this bug report.

My game Mini Empires has received no change to its teleporting logic, and was earlier this year able to sustain 7,000 CCU. However, lately the amount of teleport failures has increased exponentially according to my players and this graph:

This issue is critical to Mini Empires as it is a game that heavily relies upon its own custom matchmaking systems in order to bring players together. Some matches require all players to successfully connect in order to begin, but at the moment at least 1 player does not connect about 70% of the time.

I have tried shutting down my game for an hour in an attempt to reset the limit counter on Roblox’s end, but unfortunately to no avail.
The game had about 100 CCU at the time when it was made public again, however the errors indicate that it is still exceeding 1800 API requests/minute - which is highly unlikely as only 20 of these players were matchmaking at the same time.

I’m using the error handling recommended by this documentation page.

1 Like